New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

PC Software Build 19.0 Release Notes

Comments

• dhrtodhrto Posts: 40
    Brain Burst
    My Rift CV1 updated here to v19 without problems fortunately! There was a notice of updating drivers too, and that went without a problem as well. Since there's no choice / Oculus is forcing us to update to the latest version, I'm always a bit tense with these updates, wondering if my 4 year old, out-of-warranty CV1 will live to see another day after... 
  • dburnedburne Posts: 3,758 Valuable Player
    dhrto said:
    My Rift CV1 updated here to v19 without problems fortunately! There was a notice of updating drivers too, and that went without a problem as well. Since there's no choice / Oculus is forcing us to update to the latest version, I'm always a bit tense with these updates, wondering if my 4 year old, out-of-warranty CV1 will live to see another day after... 
    I wouldn't sweat it too bad. I never had a problem with my CV1 throughout all of it's updates, and yet to have a problem with my Rift S ( got over a year ago) with all of it's updates. Same with Quest. Each one has been a smooth transition for me, and I suspect for the majority as well. 

Not to take away though from those that do have issues, as with anything there likely will be some that do have issues, which hopefully gets resolved at some point for them. And I am sure it is very frustrating for those that do.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
  • SeekNDestr0ySeekNDestr0y Posts: 5
    Brain Burst
    HiThere_ said:
    Well in my case it's the original CV1 rift on Windows 7 with Intel I5-2500k processor and GTX 970 (Touch with 2 sensors) that shows a black screen because of that patch... that was meant to fix a black screen bug with the link on AMD GPUs... by shifting that bug to me apparently :(

If I put my headset on it does automatically launch the Oculus Store as usual, if I launch something using my mouse I can keep generating sounds so the application hasn't crashed : It's running it just isn't displaying.

Post your newly affected configurations here, to help Oculus notice a trend in the new bug they just created, before they spread it more.

PS : I haven't tried updating the GPU driver or anything, to avoid adding a problem to the problem (NVIDEA driver 8.1.940.0).
    Same thing happened to me. Similar specs to you: Win 7, I5-6500, GTX 1070. Drivers updated my CV1 into a paperweight. Valve forced a SteamVR update earlier this summer that did the same thing when trying to play SteamVR games. I missed out on the entire Steam summer sale. Now that Valve fixed that, Oculus goes and takes it down for all platforms. So much for catching up on my VR library this summer. Come on, Oculus. Fix this!!!
  • DracioDracio Posts: 6
    Brain Burst
    when i connect my rift after teh update it will only recognize my USB 3 port as a USB 2 port. This results in programs closing after some seconds using them. It was all working perfectly BEFORe the update. Is it possible to roll back this bug-update?
  • HiThere_HiThere_ Posts: 1,294
    3Jane
    Fertzz said:
    Fixed it. Found a helpful post on here. 
    Had to unplug it and restart pc. Then start oculus software put usb in then display adapter 5 seconds after
    Doesn't seem to work for me. Could you link that post ?

• evilzebevilzeb Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Il mio Oculus Rift S ancora si scollega dopo circa 10 minuti di gioco e si ricollega da solo. In registro di sistema mi sa sempre lo stesso errore: 
    UserModePowerService
    Reimpostazione dello schema criteri del processo C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-runtime\OVRServer_x64.exe (ID processo:6576) da {8c5e7fda-e8bf-4a96-9a85-a6e23a8c635c} a {8c5e7fda-e8bf-4a96-9a85-a6e23a8c635c}
  • SpinoCubeGamerSpinoCubeGamer Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Still have tracking issues with the rift s, it keeps telling me there are problems with my USB and tracking. i have tried unplugging, updating drivers and tons of other things still doesn't work, thought the update was going to make it work again but still nope.

• cigaremoodscigaremoods Posts: 297
    Nexus 6
    Buongiorno,

significa che hai un problema con l'alimentatore.
    Questo potrebbe provenire dall'alimentatore che è troppo basso per la configurazione del computer.

Pensa anche a interrompere la gestione economica del consumo delle tue porte USB che può bloccare l'uso di USB.

Cordiali saluti

evilzeb said:
    Il mio Oculus Rift S ancora si scollega dopo circa 10 minuti di gioco e si ricollega da solo. In registro di sistema mi sa sempre lo stesso errore: 
    UserModePowerService
    Reimpostazione dello schema criteri del processo C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-runtime\OVRServer_x64.exe (ID processo:6576) da {8c5e7fda-e8bf-4a96-9a85-a6e23a8c635c} a {8c5e7fda-e8bf-4a96-9a85-a6e23a8c635c}

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon AC, Intel core I9-9900K, MSI RTX 2080 TI Gaming X Trio 11go, Corsair DDR4 16go, SSD Samsung NVMe M.2 500go, SSD Samsung 2To 860 QVO,
  • Pivot2163Pivot2163 Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    Anyone else back to the old Guardian reset every time you use the headset? I was thinking it was a SteamVR issue but having removed that and completely wiped my Oculus install then started OVER, nope, it's Oculus. What a total PIA. 
  • HarrodsHarrods Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    Love how they just gave up on the rifts. no wonder they want to ditch usb 3.0 they can't even recognize it half the time, unless that constant windows disconnect sound is a feature.
  • sixofone7sixofone7 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    I have been having issues with the Guardian as well after coming off standby. Seems it's better to block the light sensor and leave the device on for short periods or totally shut down to avoid having to remake the Guardian every time.
  • kbustunkbustun Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    başarılı
    3Jane
    Still no fix/rollback/user solution to the v19 black screen bug ?
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 2,445 Valuable Player
    HiThere_ said:
    Still no fix/rollback/user solution to the v19 black screen bug ?
    What Bug?  Please explain.  I do not seem to have any problems with v19.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti, 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, PCI-E PCI Express to USB 3.1 Gen 2 card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro w/2.0 base stations/controllers, Quest w/Link and VD wireless (good/close 5Ghz wifi and PC with Ethernet cable to my Router).

• TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 2,445 Valuable Player
    Oh, now I see the Ignore option!

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti, 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, PCI-E PCI Express to USB 3.1 Gen 2 card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro w/2.0 base stations/controllers, Quest w/Link and VD wireless (good/close 5Ghz wifi and PC with Ethernet cable to my Router).

• m_II_wm_II_w Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Does anyone get a flickering balck screen issue or is it solid black all the way through.
    CV1, AMD R7 3800X, GTX 1070, 16GB RAM, Win10

• TheXRealTheXReal Posts: 23
    Brain Burst
    edited July 29
    I found the best fix for all my Rift S issues! Step 1) Pack that shit up in the box and never touch it again. 
    Let me know if it works guys! ;)
    yess it worked thx mate XD

Oculus/Facebook can't do anything right anymore.... (please make sure to test before just pushing it and then please split the PCVR and Quest so it's not the same F'ing program because it looks like you guys can't control it at all...)

Long live when i change headset tho im going to feel sry for people who stay and still have these problems with OCV...
    > never buy oculus if these problems continue......
    3Jane
    edited July 29
    So thing is I never had an Oculus driver update critical failure until now.

Has their support team spent the last 10 days actively working on an urgent fix to undo the problem they created, or is it just busy laughing out loud after reading this post that's suggesting there's anyone being paid to do that :)

Like they could release a text update : "We are aware that our Build 19.0 has completely bricked multiple CV1/CV1-S, sorry for the inconvenience."
  • NWGJulianNWGJulian Posts: 12
    NerveGear
    not sure if it has something to do with that software build (does it install automatically?), but i cant start up my rift s since today afternoon.

seems like i am not the only one with this problem:

• PrecisionAlexPrecisionAlex Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    edited July 29
    After this update my rift-s is now useless.  A flickering home screen, i can hear application sounds but it just stays in the home screen running at 1fps with an intermittent black flicker on the screen.

This is somewhat of a crosspost with the quest v19 thread but the fact remains. The v19 update broke link mode for my quest and has rendered my rift-s fairly useless.

EDIT : I've been told I can't do a rollback on the quest firmware but can I rollback the windows software? Everything worked well enough before this update.

• dburnedburne Posts: 3,758 Valuable Player
    V19 on both my Rift S and Quest working fine on my end.
    For Rift suggest maybe downloading the Oculus Installer and trying a repair of the Oculus installation.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
  • Hentaiwatcher26Hentaiwatcher26 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Richooal said:
    My oculus rift wont update how do i fix this?

If it's only this update that you're missing, then it's probably just because they push it in stages to everyone over about a week.
    Just wait, it will come.
                                                                                                                                                                                       My computer only has 1 HDMI port so when i was playing it said update needed but it never updated and its been like 2 weeks and still hasn't updated
  • RichooalRichooal Posts: 1,725 Valuable Player
    Richooal said:
    My oculus rift wont update how do i fix this?

If it's only this update that you're missing, then it's probably just because they push it in stages to everyone over about a week.
    Just wait, it will come.
                                                                                                                                                                                       My computer only has 1 HDMI port so when i was playing it said update needed but it never updated and its been like 2 weeks and still hasn't updated

The software can be updated without the Rift being connected, so it makes no difference how many HDMI's you have.
    What version of the software are you on now?
    i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Senors - 0 PROBLEMS 1 minor problem
    Dear Oculus, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", please.

3Jane
    edited July 30
    NWGJulian said:
    not sure if it has something to do with that software build (does it install automatically?), but i cant start up my rift s since today afternoon.
    You can check if build 19.0.0.364.531 installed itself at the bottom of your "Settings/General" screen.

And if you do have it installed you can check when it installed itself in "Notifications", to confirm if that instalation date matches the day your HMD stopped working.

Although with most users here either complaining build 19 having instantly bricked their otherwise working HMD, or simply thanking the gods that it didn't (don't worry guys, they'll get you next time), then anyone congratulating build 19 for fixing anything, I don't understand why Oculus would still be distributing build 19 to even more unfortunate users well over one week after receiving  the first negative user reports.

If you're not a fan of russian roulette you could try spotting and delaying that forced update until a working one comes out, but once it's on your HMD is either fortunately still working or you're screwed and suck in limboland.
  • DracioDracio Posts: 6
    Brain Burst
    my problem with the stuttering was completely fixed by disabling the RGB lighning on my graphics card (RTX 2980TI ASUS ROG STRIX) with the ASUS AURA software. Unblievable, that this RGB effects cause microstuttering.
  • Betta82Betta82 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    My CV1 Was working perfectly before this update, now the HMD won't turn on. Anybody else with this issue?
    Same issue. After the update, my CV1 is on Black Screen of death. Trying all the metod, instal, re-instal the software, conect, disconect, update video drivers, update the windows 7 and nothing
  • RichooalRichooal Posts: 1,725 Valuable Player
    edited August 2
    Betta82 said:
    Same issue. After the update, my CV1 is on Black Screen of death. Trying all the metod, instal, re-instal the software, conect, disconect, update video drivers, update the windows 7 and nothing

Did you "update the windows 7" to Windows 10?
    Oculus stopped support for Win 7 in January 2020. Before looking for answers you could at least try to meet the minimum requirements for your product.

@SeekNDestr0y @HiThere_ and @Betta82 all have black screen and Win 7
    i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Senors - 0 PROBLEMS 1 minor problem
    Dear Oculus, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", please.

• SeekNDestr0ySeekNDestr0y Posts: 5
    Brain Burst

Richooal said:
    Betta82 said:

Did you "update the windows 7" to Windows 10?
    Oculus stopped support for Win 7 in January 2020. Before looking for answers you could at least try to meet the minimum requirements for your product.

@SeekNDestr0y @HiThere_ and @Betta82 all have black screen and Win 7
    Clearly there are a lot of people still on Windows 7 for various reasons. If Google can manage to support their free web browser on Windows 7 for another year, Oculus can at least manage to not brick their $X00 headset on 7 regardless of official support. I understand the mistake, but I do expect it fixed.