cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Star Wars: Tales from the Galaxy's Edge - Reveal Video

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Fantastic video with some behind-the-scenes goodness. I'm extra excited about this title!

24 REPLIES 24

MowTin
Expert Trustee
Wow, cool. I hope it's better than the Vader Immortal games technically. I got the feeling that the Vader Immortals were a bit amateurish in their implementation.  
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I know Vader Immortal was a hit or miss for many people. And it was likely a "rushed" job to get it to launch with Quest. This title, however, seems to be getting a lot of much needed love and attention that those AAA-ish VR titles need. Wishful thinking!

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

MowTin said:

Wow, cool. I hope it's better than the Vader Immortal games technically. I got the feeling that the Vader Immortals were a bit amateurish in their implementation.  

This game is a Quest exclusive, not sure we'll get any Rift versions this time - but I hope so. Although Vader Immortal did look dated here and there, I was great impressed by these short episodes. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Anonymous
Not applicable

RuneSR2 said:

MowTin said:

This game is a Quest exclusive, not sure we'll get any Rift versions this time - but I hope so. Although Vader Immortal did look dated here and there, I was great impressed by these short episodes. 

You rarely see someone spending this amount of money on a video game and only have it on one platform unless they have had a rather large moneyhat from a platform holder, and seeing as Oculus are fronting the cash for this it will almost certainly find its way into the Rift Store after a while, same as Vadar Immortal. ?

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

snowdog said:

RuneSR2 said:

MowTin said:

You rarely see someone spending this amount of money on a video game and only have it on one platform unless they have had a rather large moneyhat from a platform holder, and seeing as Oculus are fronting the cash for this it will almost certainly find its way into the Rift Store after a while, same as Vadar Immortal. ?

Yep. Except for that whole RE7 PSVR situation :'(

Pixie40
Expert Trustee
I liked Vader Immortal 1, haven't gotten the other 2 parts yet. Too many other things on my VR bucket list. But this does look interesting too. 🙂
Lo, a quest! I seek the threads of my future in the seeds of the past.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Zenbane said:

snowdog said:

RuneSR2 said:

MowTin said:

Yep. Except for that whole RE7 PSVR situation :'(

Hence me saying 'rather large moneyhat from a platform holder'. Sony paid for exclusivity by the looks of things otherwise Capcom could have done a quick dirty port for PC VR headsets in a matter of a month or two at the most if they had just used mouse and keyboard and gamepad controls.

Hell, even if they had gone the whole hog and implemented motion controllers they could still get it done in six months and it would have sold a shitload. The vast majority of the QA work was already done so they could have done this REALLY quickly.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
I wonder if we'll see a PCVR release too...

https://youtu.be/AE9J5Vzneoo

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Digikid1
Consultant

RuneSR2 said:

I wonder if we'll see a PCVR release too...

https://youtu.be/AE9J5Vzneoo

Imagine if that guy needed glasses.......