cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you like streamers?

worthyguy
Honored Guest
Hello! Do you like watching streams? Are you following someone? If so, what exactly do you like? I recently started following gambling streamers. Quite fun if you're not very experienced with the game. To my mind, it helps to gain some experience of another person. Moreover, they receive good money during their speech.
17 REPLIES 17

saami81
Rising Star
I watch Jimmy Broadbent quite often. He plays racing simulators.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Nope. I enjoy some Let's Play videos if I'm looking for clues or secrets that I may have missed in a game. I'll also watch a Let's Play video for a game that I just don't have the time to play myself. I rarely sit and just watch it though; it's usually something I have in the background while I'm doing other stuff.

I've tried getting in to streamers, but after a few short minutes I find that there are a variety of other things I'd rather be doing. Like watching a new Netflix show or listening to a new Audible.

kojack
MVP
MVP
First time poster talking about how gambling streamers make good money, kind of sounds like the larval form of spam.
But assuming its not...

The only streams I've watched live were a manufacturing update from Wooting (I've got a Wooting 2 Lekker keyboard on order) and the Oculus Connect events.

I've watched some recorded ones, but usually not games.

My biggest issue is all the distractions:
- animations and sound when people donate
- streamer has to thank everybody as they subscribe or donate
- interactions with chat
I know why that's being done, but it still annoys me. It's like when you have a play list in youtube but at the end of the video there's a 5min long list of patreon backers. Yes, nice to be acknowledged, but I just want the next video to start.

I did do my own stream once. It was 20 hours long showing a program I wrote path find across australia in real time. I had 33 viewers (which is more than I expected). 🙂

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Of course it's SPAM @kojack I mean, why would you join a VR forum to talk about gambling and streamers.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
So then this is a good thread hijack? 😛

There's been an increase in first time posters, posting about gambling sites and games. It's beginning to feel coordinated
Maybe we'll have to make a decision about a rule on gambling discussions... allow it after the originator has posted a certain number of times on other subjects first? something like a manual version of the spam filter.

kojack
MVP
MVP

Of course it's SPAM @kojack I mean, why would you join a VR forum to talk about gambling and streamers.

Well, there's vr poker. So who knows. 🙂
But it's one of those things where we might be 99% sure its going to become spam, but they haven't actually done anything wrong yet and vr streaming is a thing, so people might want to talk about it.

Over on another forum I moderate (where I first met Cybereality) I hijacked a spammer's thread and it became one of the forum's most popular threads and was active for 8 years. 🙂
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Whirlmeister
Honored Guest
I follow several Beat Saber streamers, because its a great way to evaluate songs. I tend not to watch the whole songs to the conclusion. Within a few seconds I can usually see if its well mapped, looks fluid and whether its something I'd enjoy. Also since I tend to hop on and hop off I don't bother watching anything live.

pyroth309
Visionary
I used to laugh at Dr. Disrespect yelling at kids in fortnite but then they banned him. Got better things to do otherwise like actually playing.