cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lone Echo (1 & 2) on HP Reverb G2

sford52
Heroic Explorer
Will I be able to play Lone Echo (1 & 2) on HP Reverb G2 headset? Or is it locked to Oculus only ?
Thanks

ASUS ROG Strix GL702VS-AH73 17.3" Laptop.  I7-7700HQ, GTX1070, 12 GB DDR4 RAM, 500 EVO 970 GB SSD, VS 2017, Oculus rift, Windows 10 home
5 REPLIES 5

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
You'll be able to play it if the latest Revive Supports it, or you could get an older version of Revive if the new one doesn't.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Lone Echo looks horrible using Index, jaggies are everywhere. Looks ok with res 200% and 4xMSAA, but jaggies are still there. I get close to 30 fps and it's really unplayable. Good luck with the G2 😉

Using CV1 ss 2.0 my 45 fps look like 90 - of course I get the SDE and the lower res, but I greatly prefer that - and temporal antialiasing removes all jaggies. Temporal antialiasing (TAA) looks very blurry using lcd hmds, you need the much more gpu taxing MSAA for lcd hmds instead. Using TAA and CV1 you don't need any MSAA. 

After testing Index in several Oculus exclusive titles, I bought another CV1 for back-up - better safe than sorry. Also for the very dark games. Maybe Odyssey+ and Vive Pro will be great too if you have a very fast gpu, but I don't see myself using only lcd yet. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

murkurn
Honored Guest
No,is not working because the controllers are npt recognized

pyroth309
Visionary

murkurn said:

No,is not working because the controllers are npt recognized

This is not true. Controllers work great but it's the same situations as Asgard's Wrath.  You need to map a menu button manually in SteamVR controller mapping or you can't get into the options. I just made my personal mapping public for people. Also make sure you have both controllers on and visible and working properly in SteamVR before you jump into Revive. Revive isn't the best at activating inactive controllers.. I have had similar problems on my Quest. I'm on the latest public release of Revive 2.1.1.

After jumping back into Lone Echo with my G2, performance is phenomenal with my 3090. 50-80% loading at 100% resolution in the space station. I have it max settings with TAA and it looks fantastic. I only see jaggies under one of the lockers for the spare jack units and some very tiny ones that I have to actively look for in a few creases. For the most part it's sharp and look amazing. I may hit reprojection when I go outside but I was just jumping in to test the controllers.

Liv looks way more lifelike than the characters in Medal of Honor for example. They did such a good job on her eyes and face. I never realized how good the textures on her clothing were. They aren't quite MOH level but they're really good for a 2016 game. The dust rings of saturn look less impressive these days than when I first saw them but other textures still hold up. I was kind of marveling at the imperfections in the steel panels, something I never noticed in other headsets. This game is still a masterpiece by today's standards imo.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you still have that G2 controller bindings for these games? Running a 3070 ti and using Steam VR with the settings at presumably ultra is unbearable for trying to bind these.