cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Thread

I'm desperately trying to find out if there will be a VR mode so if anybody knows... that would be good!

https://youtu.be/ReDDgFfWlS4

*Edit: see the later posts in the thread for confirmation of VR support.

563 REPLIES 563

RedRizla said:

Do any of you guys use a Yoke? I might look at getting one for this, but I'm not sure if they are any good. I've got a Warthog Hotas and peddles and an old Microsoft Joystick that go for quite a bit on ebay now. Come to think of it I've also got a Saitek X52 to in the loft somewhere. 

I like the look of the new Honeycomb stuff, the yoke includes the major switchgear and they do a throttle quadrant that's customisable for single engine general aviation up to 4 engine commercial. Not cheap but not the most expensive out there.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

RedRizla said:

Do any of you guys use a Yoke? I might look at getting one for this, but I'm not sure if they are any good. I've got a Warthog Hotas and peddles and an old Microsoft Joystick that go for quite a bit on ebay now. Come to think of it I've also got a Saitek X52 to in the loft somewhere. 

I like the look of the new Honeycomb stuff, the yoke includes the major switchgear and they do a throttle quadrant that's customisable for single engine general aviation up to 4 engine commercial. Not cheap but not the most expensive out there.

I've just remembered I've also got a CH throttle quadrant and a switch box I made myself. What do you use for you flight sims?

Right now am using an X52, well an x52 pro after my old x52 rubber surfaces all degraded.

kojack
MVP
MVP

Right now am using an X52, well an x52 pro after my old x52 rubber surfaces all degraded.

I went from an X52 to a Warthog and now I'm on to a Virpil setup (Constellation Alpha joystick and T-50CM2 throttle). So many hat switches, rotary encoders and analog axes. It even has a mouse wheel with two stage click.
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
VR for HP only?

‘Microsoft Flight Simulator’ Will Let You Pilot in VR, But Only on an HP Headset

EDIT: NVM

The headline was clickbait. It's coming out for Vive and Rift as well:
They shouldn’t worry too much, though: the developer says it’s planning support for Vive and Oculus headsets in the future.

That Microsoft/Oculus relationship is alive and well B)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Interesting that it will support HP first for VR.
Nice job MS!

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
HP did make a Windows Mixed Reality HMD to help support Microsoft WMR Platform, back in 2018. Those didn't sell very well. So this is some nice payback from Microsoft to HP to help sell their new Reverb VR HMD.

Back in the VR Killer Apps thread, I did mention that "HP doesn't have an answer to Oculus' exclusive titles." Seems that they realized this and answered the call! Calling that payback favor from Microsoft to give the HP Reverb a competitive edge at launch is a smart as hell move. Especially considering that the Reverb's current market has a lot of SIM enthusiasts.

Microsoft has a lot of relationships with a lot of competitors. Their relationship with HP doesn't impact their relationship with Facebook-Oculus, and vice versa. I'm sure Facebook and Oculus are supportive of this exclusive launch for the Reverb; just as they are supportive of Revive and the cross-platform community with OpenXR.

pyroth309
Visionary

I was an X52 pro guy. Saitek guy in general, went from x36 ->x45 -> x52 pro. My Pro throttle stopped registering and I cheaped out for a quick replacement and went down to a Thrustmaster t16000m to hold me over for awhile and I've actually come to like it more than my X52. I wish it had more hats on the stick though. I was CH guy before Saitek, I still have my old analog CH Fighterstick and CH pedals. They built that stuff like tanks. I've considered going up to an X56 or a warthog but I'm pretty content with this T16000m for now. 

kojack
MVP
MVP
I'm still using saitek rudder pedals. The spring on one toe brake broke, so the pedal just flops around. But the yaw axis still works fine. I might upgrade to virpil pedals, but that's getting to be a LOT of money when I don't do simulators that often (I love them, but don't do them as often any more). The throttle and joystick cost around $1300au total (compared to $400 for the Warthog).
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Techy111
MVP
MVP

RedRizla said:

I have the honeycomb yoke, lovely bit of kit, highly recommend it. Also have my warthog and ch products pedals.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.