cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is your IPD?

twisteklabs
Heroic Explorer
An unofficial poll to find out the distribution of IDP of Oculus users in the forum.
This poll is anonymous. Since I am limited to 10 poll questions, I had to add ranges to the poll questions corresponding to the 1, 2, 3 settings indicated in Quest 2.
CPU: Intel i5-4690K Mobo: ASUS Z97-AR Ram: 8GB 1600MHz Graphics Card: EVGA GTX 1080 SC
15 REPLIES 15

pyroth309
Visionary
I don't care if anyone knows. My IPD is around 69ish from several personal measurements...never professional. Depends on the headset what setting I run though. On my O+ I'm right around 69 and it's great and clear. On Index I was more comfortable at 70-71. On CV1 it's actually more comfortable maxed out lol. I guess from the large sweet spot.

kojack
MVP
MVP
About 69 for me too. The Go and Rift-S are usable, but I can feel them not quite supporting me as well as the CV1 and Quest do.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Mine is about 72, going by the old DK2 measuring tool, as well as my own self-measurement using the mirror-and-ruler method. I use my CV1 and Quest at max setting.

I had to add ranges to the poll questions corresponding to the 1, 2, 3 settings indicated in Quest 2.
We don't actually know what IPD ranges the Quest 2 settings represent, do we? We can assume that '2' has the lenses at 64 mm, but '1' and '3' are anyone's guess. I think 60 and 68 are likely possibilities--if the lenses accommodate a +/-2mm range within their sweet spots, then those values would give continuous coverage from 58 to 70 mm. I would love to see them go wider, if the new lenses can cover more area.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can't believe that there are so many of you with such BIG heads!!! ?

64mm for me ?

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Mine is 63.94 mm, measured by an optician using advanced equipment 😉
Fun thing, after years of practice, 64 mm in CV1 always was best, quite awesome job by Oculus. Steam needs similar calibration tools.

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

snowdog said:

Can't believe that there are so many of you with such BIG heads!!! ?

64mm for me ?

Not sure head size matters 😉

2ltxbnexia57.jpeg

jhyj5owhvgul.jpg

- unless, of course, we're talking about  😄  

ix5em2hvo1wu.jpg

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

twisteklabs
Heroic Explorer
I hope 23&me finds a genetic link to IPD. Most of my relatives have a smaller IPD than me (71mm). 
CPU: Intel i5-4690K Mobo: ASUS Z97-AR Ram: 8GB 1600MHz Graphics Card: EVGA GTX 1080 SC

67 for me. Good survey and I'm surprised no-one's done this poll before.

bigmike20vt
Visionary

I hope 23&me finds a genetic link to IPD. Most of my relatives have a smaller IPD than me (71mm). 

Find out what IPD the milkman and window cleaner have...... Sounds suspicious 😉 

I have seen the adventures of Timmy Lea and confessions of a window cleaner!
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂