cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received Oculus Rift S but the box was EMPTY!

Purple_Pilgrim
Honored Guest
Today, 7/30/2020, I finally received my Oculus Rift S. Roommate was home and grabbed the package not knowing what it was but texted me that it was very light. I got home from work, box was sitting on the couch. Grabbed a knife, cut the tape, and discovered nothing inside. Box was perfect. Only one layer of unbroken tape. Opened a support ticket since it's impossible to find a phone number to call. I'm so pissed right now. Looks like it was shipped from the factory empty. Has this happened to anyone else? 
18 REPLIES 18

Purple_Pilgrim
Honored Guest
I just want to talk to a human and get my Rift and not have to wait months for stock to come in and 2.5 weeks just to get the shipment. 

iGotKiLoS
Honored Guest
Just happened to me too, talked to someone in a chat, said they will contact me VIA E-Mail for further support, seems like it's been happening quite a bit lately, hopefully things can get resolved fast and efficiently 

b_timofte
Explorer
get rekt lol

Purple_Pilgrim
Honored Guest

b.timofte said:

get rekt lol

Wow, real nice.

Purple_Pilgrim
Honored Guest

iGotKiLoS said:

Just happened to me too, talked to someone in a chat, said they will contact me VIA E-Mail for further support, seems like it's been happening quite a bit lately, hopefully things can get resolved fast and efficiently 

How were you able to talk to someone via chat? I've only been able to talk via support ticket. I will keep this thread updated on any resolution I get. Let me know what Oculus does for you. 

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
When you go to Oculus Support website page, say to start a ticket, you should see a Chat option on the lower right of this screen.  Depending on your country Chat may only be available during some days and times.  Well worth trying it for fast answers, esp. basic problems.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

iGotKiLoS
Honored Guest
Yeah, I talked to someone in a chat but they directed it to a ticket, still waiting for a response. This has really turned me away from even wanting VR any more.. 

andysonofbob
Heroic Explorer
Mate
All I can say is... ugh!  I would be fuming.
It will without doubt ultimately get sorted, though you may have to gird yourself for frustrations.  I have found their ticket services is better than they advertise.  I always expect the 24/48 response period but have always been pleasantly suprised when it is closer to 6 hours.
VR is defo worth it though.  If you are a simmer, I would say it's essential.
Sending my best wishes.

Umpa_PC
Rising Star
Looks like there is a thief working for Oculus or a subsidiary. 
Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.