cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

v20 PTC PC Software Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Update 8/19/20: We've added a couple additional items (Recording in-VR and Tracking) to these release notes that were note included in the original post.

Update 8/10/2020: 
We just released another update to the PTC. This update contains a fix for an Oculus Link mic issue that some users were experiencing. As always, please let us know if you run into anything unexpected with this new PTC update! Thanks! 

Recording in-VR

• We’ve improved in-VR recording by adding an image stabilization feature. This enhancement will reduce unwanted motion that can happen when looking around in-VR while streaming.

Tracking

• We’ve enhanced rendering stability for Rift S to improve head tracking.

Oculus Link

• Users are now able to hide the ‘Activate Oculus Link’ modal. You can always enable Oculus Link from the Settings > Quick Actions menu.
58 REPLIES 58

ShocksVR
Superstar

Richooal said:

Digikid1 said:

WTF is a "modal"??

😄

I googled it. Still didn't make any sense. I reckon he just spelt model wrong. 😛

Shorthand for 'modality' (how do you guys not know this ?).
i7-7700k, Zotac RTX 3080 AMP Holo (10G), QuestPro, Quest 2
Previous: Oculus GO, Oculus RIFT - 3 sensor Room-scale, Oculus Rift S

Umpa_PC
Rising Star
Problem for me is the quest is a 'personal' product - where the RiftS is a family party product.  Screen casting in with the quest is absolute garbage, and if your connecting via link you may as well use a RiftS and benefit from the clearer display.  So whilst the Quest might well be the headset of the moment, no development seems to be put in to screen casting.
Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.

thomas_wadswort
Explorer
Oh dear here comes the usual "update rift S Wabash crowd"

motorsep
Rising Star

morphee7 said:

motorsep said:

Sell your Rift S and wait for the next Quest (should be announced soon)  😉

not if that is what your offering with the bulit-in speakers again oh and the material head strap that you cant attach your own over ear speakers to

There are a lot of options to go about it...

cigaremoods
Heroic Explorer

motorsep said:

morphee7 said:

motorsep said:

Sell your Rift S and wait for the next Quest (should be announced soon)  😉

not if that is what your offering with the bulit-in speakers again oh and the material head strap that you cant attach your own over ear speakers to

There are a lot of options to go about it...

Hello,

So Oculus is starting to work Chinese like Pimax.
You buy a helmet that is not very well finalized technically and you add (pay for other) modules to make it more or less usable !!

But also keeps characteristics far below what is beginning to be seen on the market.

The goal is no longer to make quality or innovation but a lot of money on the personal information of users.

And for that you have to sell a product that is not too expensive (therefore of not very good quality) to cast a wide net with buyers.

cordially

MSI Z790 ACE, MSI RTX 4090 SUPRIM X, I7 14700K, Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 32 go, 2 x Samsung SSD 980 PRO M.2 PCIe NVMe 2 To

Lethal_Aims
Adventurer
Any chance that this option will also stop the pointless virtual audio driver from enabling and promoting itself to default?

PilarFeijoo
Explorer
another update, that the rhythm does not stop, jejeje

Umpa_PC
Rising Star

Oh dear here comes the usual "update rift S Wabash crowd"

I wish Oculus would voice their intentions. If the RiftS is a finished product, then fork the software - spare us the hassle of forced updating with no benefit for the product.

I still don't understand why screen casting is so awful on the quest - its like there is no development at all in this regard.
Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.

Richooal
Consultant

Umpa_PC said:

I wish Oculus would voice their intentions. If the RiftS is a finished product, then fork the software - spare us the hassle of forced updating with no benefit for the product.

They won't even fork the software for Rift CV1. Whilst Rift S and Quest share the same tracking, CV1 does not. Facebook don't listen to users, they log their data. When the numbers suggest a benefit to them, they make changes.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

kojack
MVP
MVP

Richooal said:

Digikid1 said:

WTF is a "modal"??

😄

I googled it. Still didn't make any sense. I reckon he just spelt model wrong. 😛

A modal dialog is a pop up window that blocks input to the rest of the program until you do whatever it is waiting for (click ok, cancel, abort, whatever it has). When you select save or open in a program and the windows explorer file dialog pops up, that's a modal dialog.
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2