cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus setup download stuck:/

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey everyone, I just got a new computer and when i try to install the oculus software it just gets stuck around 5.17gb/5.19gb.
I was wondering if anyone could help me with this problem.. i tried disabling all my antivirus and it still doesn't work.
Thanks in advance.

Specs : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/McL3vn
28 REPLIES 28

sakurai1225
Honored Guest
Im japanese
this problem happened my PC.
suddun stop download 7.26./7.28GB

私は日本人ですが同じ問題に直面しています
oculusアプリのダウンロードが突然ストップします
翻訳されたこちらのフォーラムを見る限りでは、現在対応策がなく、downloadcasheを削除してトライし続けることしかできないと、、

KisakiRose
Honored Guest
I restarted the download many times today- all of which reported a download speed but was not actually transferring data. I solved it: hopefully it's this easy of a fix for everyone. 

Turn off of WiFi/internet. Speed update severely lagged, but eventually reported zero.
Turn WiFi/internet back on. hopefully should resume download. 

fingers crossed for everyone.

SquishyClown
Honored Guest
@KisakiRose You're my legend! It works!

janghoonjlee
Honored Guest
i concurr kisakirose is legend

AshenDoodlez489
Honored Guest
I have an issue I was hoping someone could help me with. So when I got to download the application through the setup exe file, it will go through the entire process just to then say an error and ask me to try resetting my computer. I tried resetting my computer just for it to still not work having the same issue. Does anyone know a good fix around this?

3Jane
Explorer
The advice from KisakiRose worked for me.  Turned off my Ethernet adapter in the Network Connections control panel.  The download speed on the installer fell to 0 and then I turned the adapter back on.  Worked like magic!

Anansiil
Honored Guest

I restarted the download many times today- all of which reported a download speed but was not actually transferring data. I solved it: hopefully it's this easy of a fix for everyone. 

Turn off of WiFi/internet. Speed update severely lagged, but eventually reported zero.

Insane! This worked for me too!
Specifically, my download would stop at 5.12 / 5.15GB but still claim it was downloading.

1. I turned off my wifi, no change (download speed displayed without any progress) and restarting didn't work.
---My guess is that it didn't work because it had been frozen for hours before I turned off my Wifi.

Successful Round 2.
  1. I restarted the computer and restarted the setup.exe without deleting my oculus download cache.
  2. While Oculus was loading up what had been previously downloaded (still displayed as downloading, though) I turned off my Wifi.
  3. I reactivated my Wifi and the download actually resumed and went into Install!
  4. .....small caveat, I'm not sure if I activated Wifi just after it finished loading what was downloaded or just before it reached that point... (since you don't have to redownload your files it isn't a big deal,fortunately)

My firewall was left on, and I didn't have to delete my downloaded cache!

Anonymous
Not applicable
i followed the @KisakiRose advice, and *boom* it works like charm. real hero.

Sabrejet
Protege
Thank you @KisakiRose super fix.

Anonymous
Not applicable

THIS WORKS 100% - was stuck at 5.13gb of 5.16gb. I just turned off the wifi/usb tethering on the phone and turn it back on. My computer automatically reconnected to the tethering phone and it restarted the download at 5.09GB and finished seconds later and installed oculus software properly. No need to delete any cache. Thanks Rose.