cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

update 19 ?

kevinwarhaft
Adventurer
where is update 19 to oculus go @ShowbizDonkey ?
kevin warhaft
10 REPLIES 10

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

where is update 19 to oculus go @ShowbizDonkey ?

deleted
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

justmetoo
Protege
haven't got the update on my go here either..  its been powered and on standby since the 19 update was announced.  have gotten it on my quest just not the go......

kevinwarhaft
Adventurer
its still not out yet maybe soon
kevin warhaft

justmetoo
Protege
with the GO being EOL'd at the end of the year there may not even be a version 19 for the go..    Haven't seen an announcement for it..   I have just been assuming  that there would be one..

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Deleted
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

justmetoo
Protege
Got this from support....

EthelH (Oculus Support) 
Aug 19, 2020, 4:15 AM PDT 
Hello,

Welcome to Oculus Support.

I understand that you are asking for a new firmware update for Oculus Go. I would be very glad to assist you on this.

Please be advised that we do not have any release yet for version 19 for Oculus Go. You can check out our release notes to learn about the latest new features and enhancements we've made to your Oculus experience. 

For any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to write us back.

Regards,
Ethel
Oculus Support

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Yes, sorry I was incorrect about v19 being available for Go.  I just re-checked mine and yes, it's still on v18.  TBH, since getting my Quest a few months ago my poor old Go is starting to collect a bit of dust, lol!

Oculus has said that they will support the Go until 2023 but who knows how much support we can expect?  It will be interesting to see if this includes support for their new social platform, Horizons.

kevinwarhaft
Adventurer
still no update @ShowbizDonkey
kevin warhaft

kojack
MVP
MVP

TomCgcmfc said:

Oculus has said that they will support the Go until 2023 but who knows how much support we can expect?

They said bug and security fixes. But there's no mention of full updates.

The v19 Unity and Unreal assets for mobile have deprecated the Go. This means it isn't officially supported. The underlying SDK does still support it.
The v20 SDK for mobile has removed the Go from the device type flags, so we will most likely never see v20 on a Go.
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2