cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Rift CV1 cable

AliceLunaStar
Protege
Does anyone know where I could get a spare headset cable as I only have one left.  I still have a 2-year warranty on it as well and Oculus are unable to supply or let me buy one. 

Many thanks
18 REPLIES 18

Megalithik
Expert Protege
Ebay is the only source for CV1 cables.  They've been out of production for 18+ months now at this point.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Don't worry about the cable if it works. Then you might worry more about the CV1 headphones, scratching the lenses, having a dead sensor, breaking the IPD slider in 58 mm position and smashing Touch into a wall.

Earth might soon be hit by a giant asteroid too  :#

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

AliceLunaStar
Protege
Ebay.co.uk have broken ones for £50! BROKEN CABLES!! WTF?! Most have been used or are very expensive for a second-hand cable....

AliceLunaStar
Protege

RuneSR2 said:

Don't worry about the cable if it works. Then you might worry more about the CV1 headphones, scratching the lenses, having a dead sensor, breaking the IPD slider in 58 mm position and smashing Touch into a wall.  :#

My sensors.lensens and DPI are ok and I'm lucky not to have smashed any controllers yet....I have some spare CV1 headphones anyway.

Nunyabinez
Rising Star
I agree with Rune. I thought about buying a refurbished CV1 when they had them in stock, but when they are $299 and and a new Rift S is $399 it seemed like I was better off just getting a Rift S if my CV1 cable or something broke. The price is so high on replacement cable it isn't worth it. I love the CV1, but I certainly got my money's worth out of them when they finally die.

i7 8700, 16GB, RTX 2080 TI, Rift CV1 | i5 4690K, 16GB, GTX 1660 TI, Rift CV1 | Quest | Quest 2

kojack
MVP
MVP

RuneSR2 said:

and smashing Touch into a wall.

The wall is more likely to be the one coming out of that encounter worse off.
Not so with new Touch, but CV1 Touch could withstand a fair bit of punishment.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

parsecn
Heroic Explorer
While I'm very well kicking a dead horse on this one, please take a moment to vote here @AliceLunaStar https://oculus.uservoice.com/forums/918556-oculus-rift-s-and-rift/suggestions/38506144-continue-selling-rift-cv1-cables

Megalithik
Expert Protege
The petition is great in theory but the company that Oculus had making the cables went out of business so there are no more being made.  Bringing another company online to fabricate more cables is likely too expensive to be worthwhile for them.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Out of nowhere, some dude just received a cable from Oculus ... What are the odds ...

01gsb9knoqro.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/i97xc8/just_received_a_free_cv1_cable_out_of_nowhere/

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"