cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest / Quest 2 Build 20.0 Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Update 10/15/2020: We're beginning to roll out an update to Quest / Quest  v20 today. This release includes general security and stability updates and will become available throughout the week of 10/15/20. Both Oculus Quest and Oculus Quest 2 will resume the normal software release schedule in November. As always, if you run into any issues with this software release, please contact Oculus support! 

Update 9/17/2020:
We've started rolling out a small update for v20. This hotfix addresses two bugs. The first caused black screens or three dot screens on Quest for some users. Secondly, the conversion panel showing conversions from romanized characters to Japanese characters was not working. Both should be resolved with this update. As always, please let us know if you experience any new issues!

Parties

• When you’re in a party, you can now choose to mute anyone else in the party on a person-by-person basis. This means that you can mute anyone in the party in your own headset without muting them for the whole party.

Fixes

• Fixed a bug that caused audio to stop when a Touch controller was disconnected in some apps and experiences. 
84 REPLIES 84

nishruu2
Protege
i experienced this once i was downloading content for 2 apps and lost audio but restart fixed it.
build 20.0; couple days ago

J_Shepz
Protege
Updated to V20, kinda like the new menu sounds but I've still got the old menu and no option anywhere to enable the Universal menu. Has been like that for a few versions now. Logged a support ticket, they responded like I was dumb a couple times, then after a bit of back and forth with the usual process I get "At this time, this is an issue that we are currently aware of and we are looking to resolve this in our next update, just please know we are actively working on it and hope to issue a fix soon."
That was a couple months ago.... 

RedRocket316
Explorer

I had the same problem of being stuck on the old menu system, but I performed a factory reset using the power button/- volume button method (full reset & erase) and that fixed the problem.  I do not know if the factory reset from the app works, but starting the headset with both the power button & - volume method worked for me.  It downloaded the V20 update as part of the reset process.  After everything booted up I was on the new menu system.  Also, if you use developer mode, you will have some additional experimental feature options available to you.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Honestly, I'll be happy if I never see the newer Universal Menu ever again. BTW, I have installed Developer mode on my Quest (for wireless w/Virtual Desktop).  This does no add any options in the Experimental tab.  Just adds a Developer tab that allows you to enable/disable Guardian.  Overall, v20 seems to be working fine with both my Quest and Rift cv1.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ye have been updated ... still on the old menu and no option for the Universal ... So im guessing then if i want to keep it that way do not do a reset .

Outrunne33
Protege
It seems v20 has forced the universal menu. 

The problem: the old bug from months ago still exists..

THERE ARE NO NOTIFICATION POPUPS WHILE IN GAMES.

No low battery, no friend requests, nothing.

@ShowbizDonkey please report this to the devs. I've reported this numerous times to support months ago. Others have confirmed this issue. Now with no way to revert back to the original menu, there is no workaround. 

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Moto13k said:

@ShowbizDonkey please report this to the devs. I've reported this numerous times to support months ago. Others have confirmed this issue. Now with no way to revert back to the original menu, there is no workaround. 

I don't see any of these problems with v20, nor do I see the Universal menu (thank goodness).  If you and a few others (as you say) are having problems I suggest you start a support ticket.  You will not get support within this user-only forum imho.  Good luck mate.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Anonymous
Not applicable
I dont get it ...
Why are we not all the same  ( not that i want the universal menu ) but i no longer know how my quest is supposed to be with so many different variations of things reported.
Should it have this ...  Should it not ... Who the hell knows anymore.

Outrunne33
Protege

TomCgcmfc said:

Moto13k said:

I don't see any of these problems with v20, nor do I see the Universal menu (thank goodness).  If you and a few others (as you say) are having problems I suggest you start a support ticket.  You will not get support within this user-only forum imho.  Good luck mate.

Yeah  this only occurs if the universal menu is enabled. V20 is not the issue per se. 

MystaMagoo
Heroic Explorer
usb test doesn't work anymore and also breaks link
Antec Quattro ~ Asrock Taichi X399 ~ Threadripper 1920X ~ 32gb 3200mhz GSkill ~ RTX3060ti ~ m.2 970evo