cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Oculus has detected a problem with your graphics driver" possible fix, re: Nvidia + Core 2.0

LZoltowski
Champion
According to reports, you may experience the rift not showing a white indicator LED and no image in the rift with the core 2.0 update and latest Nvidia drivers.

A possible fix has been reported to work for people:

Delete the file C:\WINDOWS\System32\amd-vulkan64.json if it exists.

The most common correlation between the users with the issue is that at some point they had an AMD card in their system and the json file is interfering with the Vulkan drivers that Core 2.0 is now using.

A good idea is to use the DDU tool to completely wipe your drivers out and re-instal a fresh copy.

DDU can be found here: https://www.wagnardsoft.com/
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂
22 REPLIES 22

kilrah
Honored Guest
Same here, "problem with graphics drivers" on my 2080S with 452.06, same after DDU and reinstall. Same driver works on another machine with a 1070.

stereoscope
Honored Guest

kilrah said:

Same here, "problem with graphics drivers" on my 2080S with 452.06, same after DDU and reinstall. Same driver works on another machine with a 1070.

The same issue on my 2080Ti

maxfac1
Honored Guest
Really sorry to be a numpty, but I'm having the same issue with a NIVIDIA Quadro P5200 graphics card, 
I can't seem to find the 
C:\WINDOWS\System32\amd-vulkan64.json
what else should I be doing?
Many thanks