cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else used to hate Oculus?

TheGreenYoutube
Protege
I hated Oculus for no reason(kinda like how we all hate that one spoon in our house). I think I started to like them when they released the Rift S(i love plug and play headsets that don't need base stations. Was consider getting the Odyssey+). I completely fell in love with them when I found out about the Quest. It's exactly what I need. Anyone else felt like this?
32 REPLIES 32

Richooal
Consultant
Rift S and Quest were released together.
You started to "like" Oculus when they handed their PCVR headset to another company (Lenovo), and the Quest is exactly what you need?

I suspect you fall in love too easily and will revert just as easily.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Other way around for me. Loved them until the Rift S came out. Maybe give it some more time and some more software updates, you may change your mind. If not, then keep having fun.

Pixie40
Expert Trustee
To be honest, I chose a Quest when shopping for a VR headset because it was the cheapest option. Well, if I hadn't ended up paying $300 more then I should have due to impatience and Amazon scalpers being the only ones I could find with  a Quest in stock. I'd done research though, and knew that Oculus was working on a way for the Quest to be used for PCVR too. I don't regret my purchase at all, even with the fervor currently being raised over the impending account login change.

I'd been a bit concerned about the Inside Out tracking since I'd heard it wasn't very good. But more recent (at the time) reviews said it had been much improved. And so far I've had very few issues with it. I'm thinking of picking up a Vive Cosmos as well, or maybe the Vive Cosmos Elite. Probably the Cosmos though since I think I prefer inside out tracking. My playspace takes up pretty much the entire living room since I live in a small apartment. As such I'd likely have to wall mount the lighthouse trackers, but getting permission to put nails or screws in the walls is like getting a root canal without anesthesia. Painful, and prohibitively difficult.
Lo, a quest! I seek the threads of my future in the seeds of the past.

falken76
Expert Consultant
Nope, never even heard of Oculus until 2016, then I stumbled on this new thing coming out called CV1.  Last time I saw VR in real life was way back i the early 90s and I played this terrible game called Pterodactyl or Dactyl.  It was horrible.  CV1 look absolutely amazing to me, like I stepped into the Holodeck from Star Trek.  Holy crap had it changed since 1993, I still can't believe what I'm seeing sometimes.  I like Oculus alot, but I'm moving on to Reverb G2 because they don't seem to have much interest in PCVR anymore, but if they make another headset that wows me I'll buy it.  The G2 just looks like something in my price range that is actually worth upgrading from the CV1 for.

Digikid1
Consultant
^^^  Looks like we have a Facebook lover here.  Ugh.

With Oculus leaning more and more towards Facebook I had noticed that my Oculus sales have pretty much stopped....and I don't blame them.  I wouldn't want any Facebook sleaze either....

Facebook SUCKS!!!!

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Not sure I'd use the word "hate", but there are things I appreciate less than other things. 

Then again, botflies ... I might really hate botflies  😄   

https://youtu.be/23eimVLAQ2c

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

Digikid1 said:

With Oculus leaning more and more towards Facebook I had noticed that my Oculus sales have pretty much stopped....and I don't blame them.  I wouldn't want any Facebook sleaze either....

Facebook SUCKS!!!!

G2 will be a laughing stock once the varifocal tech ships, but I am all for debate if you can back up your beliefs.  Has hp shown any kind of varifocal prototypes?  Or were their engineers too dumb to outmaneuver Doug lanman, carmack and Abrash and let Facebook get all the cool patents?  Game over.

When exactly are we going to see all this new stuff though? We heard about Half Dome sometime ago now and all we see is an Oculus Rift S that's made by Lenovo, if we are talking PC -VR. Compared to a Rift S the HP -G2 looks the better VR headset right now.

Anonymous
Not applicable

RedRizla said:

Digikid1 said:

Facebook SUCKS!!!!

G2 will be a laughing stock once the varifocal tech ships, but I am all for debate if you can back up your beliefs.  Has hp shown any kind of varifocal prototypes?  Or were their engineers too dumb to outmaneuver Doug lanman, carmack and Abrash and let Facebook get all the cool patents?  Game over.

When exactly are we going to see all this new stuff though? We heard about Half Dome sometime ago now and all we see is an Oculus Rift S that's made by Lenovo, if we are talking PC -VR. Compared to a Rift S the HP -G2 looks the better VR headset right now.

The Rift 2 will have most of if not all of the features that the Half Dome prototypes have, and we'll see it either next year or 2022.

https://youtu.be/afwQhtNgAPg

???

William382
Explorer
Dealing with Oculus Support... I love my abusive father more atm.