cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any jobs for a 17-year old?

TheGreenYoutube
Protege
I'm in Lima, OH. I wanna save up for the Quest and a budget gaming pc. Prefer $10/hr but at this point, I'll accept any job. Will work shady/barely legal jobs.
Edit: Just got hired at Captain D as a cook! I did the math and if I save 25% of my paycheck, I'll be able to buy a quest in 5 months!! Still open to shady/barely legal jobs as a side income.
17 REPLIES 17

Pixie40
Expert Trustee
Well, you could try getting a job flipping burgers. Good luck on that though. Other then that, maybe a job stocking shelves or something at a local department store. If those don't appeal to you, and you have a setup capable of it, you could try making it big on Youtube or Twitch. But that's going to have an initial cost to set up if you don't already have video capture software, a webcam (not always required), and microphone (again not always required).

Keep in mind that a budget gaming PC is probably not going to be capable of VR. A VR capable PC is likely to set you back quite a bit too. Especially if you get it pre-built.
Lo, a quest! I seek the threads of my future in the seeds of the past.

ohgrant
Superstar
 I live close to you in Steubenville. When I was your age and the grass was growing the way it is now. I knew there was work. Go knocking on your older neighbors doors if their lawns are a bit scruffy. I guarantee you'll earn $$ 
Gigabyte  AB350 Ryzen 2700x, 32gb ddr 4 3200, 2080ti. HP Reverb G2, Index controllers, Quest 1 and 2x Quest 2. 65" 3DTV HD3D DLP projector.

Digikid1
Consultant
Check your local grocery store.  I am sure they will hire on a grocery packer/cart guy.

Pixie40
Expert Trustee
Right now, I would not recommend going door to door trying to sell lawn care services. You know, due to the pandemic.
Lo, a quest! I seek the threads of my future in the seeds of the past.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Pixie40 said:

Right now, I would not recommend going door to door trying to sell lawn care services. You know, due to the pandemic.

He should be okay if he follows social distancing and wears a mask. So every time he knocks on a door or rings a bell he stands 2m away and cleans the door knocker and doorbell afterwards.

wuzp
Rising Star
I haven't seen any signs of the OP, beyond the morning of Aug 29th.  My "conspiracy theory" is that FB did the math and determined he created his linked FB account when he was 11.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

snowdog said:

Pixie40 said:

He should be okay if he follows social distancing and wears a mask. So every time he knocks on a door or rings a bell he stands 2m away and cleans the door knocker and doorbell afterwards.

Showing up with a mask on may even get funds quicker, lol!
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

wuzp
Rising Star

TomCgcmfc said:

Showing up with a mask on may even get funds quicker, lol!

I jokingly told the guard at the bank... "Now I can cross going into a bank, wearing a mask; off of my bucket list!"  He laughed and said... "Just don't be Black when you do it!"

Anonymous
Not applicable
That REALLY shouldn't have been a laugh out loud moment lmfao ????????