cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else used to hate Oculus?

TheGreenYoutube
Protege
I hated Oculus for no reason(kinda like how we all hate that one spoon in our house). I think I started to like them when they released the Rift S(i love plug and play headsets that don't need base stations. Was consider getting the Odyssey+). I completely fell in love with them when I found out about the Quest. It's exactly what I need. Anyone else felt like this?
32 REPLIES 32

TheGreenYoutube
Protege

Richooal said:

Rift S and Quest were released together.
You started to "like" Oculus when they handed their PCVR headset to another company (Lenovo), and the Quest is exactly what you need?

I suspect you fall in love too easily and will revert just as easily.

I only found out about the Quest like last month. I thought it was like an Oculus Go 2 or something. I don't care it Oculus handed the Rift to Lenovo, I just like inside tracking. I love the Quest because I can play 6DOF games without a pc. I'm going to buy the Quest first, then build a budget PC instead of buying an expensive. That's what I meant when I said: "exactly what I need."

TheGreenYoutube
Protege
eggs

TheGreenYoutube
Protege

Digikid1 said:

^^^  Looks like we have a Facebook lover here.  Ugh.

With Oculus leaning more and more towards Facebook I had noticed that my Oculus sales have pretty much stopped....and I don't blame them.  I wouldn't want any Facebook sleaze either....

Facebook SUCKS!!!!

I don't even use Facebook. I only use it for signing into stuff.

Richooal
Consultant

Digikid1 said:

With Oculus leaning more and more towards Facebook I had noticed that my Oculus sales have pretty much stopped....and I don't blame them.  I wouldn't want any Facebook sleaze either....

Facebook SUCKS!!!!

Unfortunately that is all they want. They don't care about what you want to do while signed in, they just need to have you signed in.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

saami81
Rising Star
Hating a company, any company seems a bit weird. I know that there are people who actually hates Apple, Facebook, Microsoft etc... Usually bigger companies. 

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

eggs

Bacon, sausage, tomatoes, mushrooms and fried bread.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

saami81 said:

Hating a company, any company seems a bit weird. I know that there are people who actually hates Apple, Facebook, Microsoft etc... Usually bigger companies. 

I'll give you the name of a Cowboy building firm I once had and see if you think it's weird hating a company after he's finished the job 😄

Are you telling me you like all companies?

Digikid1
Consultant

Digikid1 said:

Facebook SUCKS!!!!

Apologies that was not intended for you.  It seems that a bunch of posts for that Jacksonville guy were deleted and it was meant for him.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
I think I've loved Oculus since I tried the CV1 the first time  ❤️

Perfect VR Experiences For A Solo Valentines Day - VRScout

Why would anyone dislike some of the best things in life?

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

TheGreenYoutube
Protege

Digikid1 said:

Digikid1 said:

Facebook SUCKS!!!!

Apologies that was not intended for you.  It seems that a bunch of posts for that Jacksonville guy were deleted and it was meant for him.

It's okay. I forgive you. People who delete/edit comments because they were wrong are assholes.

EDIT: Had to change my comment to sound nicer/right