cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus TrayTool - SuperSampling profiles, HMD disconnect fixes (hopefully)

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
Oculus Tray Tool  
current version: 0.87.3

What is it?
In short; It’s a free application that helps you get the most out of your Rift. It is developed by me, ApollyonVR, with the support of the community for beta testing. Please note that this application is not an official piece software from Oculus, I am not affiliated with Oculus in any way. Any issues you
have with this application should be reported to me and not Oculus support. You can reach me here on the forums or by contacting me at ApollyonVR@gmail.com

Oculus Tray Tool (OTT) has many features that will hopefully help you get the very best VR experience. It has options that help you automatically switch audio and microphone to the Rift and back, handle the Oculus runtime service, voice commands, batch import Steam games (added to OTT by the awesome @headkaze over at http://headsoft.com.au), replace icons for your games and more.

It’s primary feature however, is the ability to create “Profiles” for you VR Games and apps.
Within these Profiles, you set how Asyncronous SpaceWarp (ASW) should act, increase the perceived resolution by using Supersampling and increase the CPU Priority of a given app to get the most juice out of your system for that specific application.
Once a Profile has been created for a game or app, OTT will detect when it is started and apply the
profile for it, without the need for taking your headset of.

If you want to have a peek at all the things OTT can do for you before installing the application, check the User Guide pdf. The latest version of this application will always be right below this intro, but the app also checks for available updates on startup.

Enjoy, have fun and please report any issues, suggestion or feature requests to me using the above mentioned methods. Oh, and feel free to buy me a coffee by using the PayPal button in-app. 🙂

The very nice people over at Guru3d.com have been kind enough to host some mirrors for the setups, so make sure to pay them a visit!
-----------

UPDATE 03/08

Hi all!
It's been a while since i released a new version, but now the time has come! 😃
I'm looking for ppl who want to test the new version before public release.
There are primarily changes for the Quest but anyone is welcome to test it.
Just drop an email to ApollyonVR@gmail.com and i'll get you a download link
and some instructions. Also include what type of headset (Rift or Quest)
that you are using.

Also, i now have a proper domain for the website, so swing by www.ApollyonVR.com
and check out the new Forum! If you have questions, comments or suggestions

that is the place to post them. 😃

Below are the release notes for the new version. Please note that this is a Beta version

for testing the new features. If you just want to use a stable version of OTT then head

over to www.apollyonvr.com and simply download the latest version.

Version 0.87.7
* Oculus Dash will now use the same CPU Priority as what you set for OVR Server.
* Added a "Comments" option to Profiles.
* Implemented Paolod29's code for a permanent AirLink (https://github.com/pd29/oculus-airlink-enabler).
* Added more choices to the Quest Link settings for "Bitrate" and "Encode Resolution".
* Added option for "Force Mipmap generation on all layers" on the Game Settings tab.
* Added option for "Offset Mipmap bias on all layers" on the Game Settings tab.
* Added option for "Force Mipmap generation on all layers" to Profiles.
* Added option for "Offset Mipmap bias on all layers" to Profiles.
* Added option for "Encode Dynamic Bitrate" on the Quest Link tab.
* Added option for "Dynamic Bitrate Max" on the Quest Link tab.
* Added "FOV Multiplier" to Profiles. Setting this to a value lower than 1, for example 0.8,
will increase FPS due to less pixels being drawn at the expense of lower FOV.
* When creating a brand new Profile, the current settings from the Game Settings tab will be used.
This will make it even easier to create a new Profile! Simply experiment with different settings
on the Game Settings tab, and when you have found the perfect combo for a given game those
settings are copied over when you click "Create new Profile".

* Added option to Disable profiles.

* Redesigned the Profiles window a bit.
* Fixed some bugs.

Cheers!
1,867 REPLIES 1,867

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

keem85 said:

Is there a way you can implement a way to remove battery notification? If it is an easy fix? It's so annoying racing serious league races in iRacing and other simulation games, and then suddenly it interrupts and destroys my races. Batteries always seems fine before I sit myself in my rig, but in the middle of the race they go empty. I can never trust the percentage battery indicators, they always lie.

Why not just start your races with good quality, fully charged controller batteries to begin with?  I doubt that OTT can be used to avoid notifications.  This is more of an Oculus thing imho.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

keem85
Protege

TomCgcmfc said:

keem85 said:

Is there a way you can implement a way to remove battery notification? If it is an easy fix? It's so annoying racing serious league races in iRacing and other simulation games, and then suddenly it interrupts and destroys my races. Batteries always seems fine before I sit myself in my rig, but in the middle of the race they go empty. I can never trust the percentage battery indicators, they always lie.

Why not just start your races with good quality, fully charged controller batteries to begin with?  I doubt that OTT can be used to avoid notifications.  This is more of an Oculus thing imho.

Easier said than done, since I race almost daily. It's a hassle to charge the batteries every day just to be on the safe side. Often I think I have lots of juice left, but suddenly it turns off mid race. Can't believe that these notifications can't be turned off, it annoys me greatly 😞 Hope to find a way to disable them.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just remove the batteries.

terente0081
Honored Guest
Just updated to the latest version 0.86.6.0 and I'm having some problems.
1. I have Oculus Homeless enabled, but every time I start OTT it starts with the white background & music from Home. If I click on Edit by the Oculus homeless  setting and just click Ok, it applies the homeless settings.
2. I have SS 1.5 in the Global settings page, but when OTT starts it's SS 1. I need to move the setting up & down and only then it applies. I can see on the dash icons whether it's applied or not.

I haven't uninstalled the previous verison, had 0.86.3.1 before & just updated to the new version. Might that be it?

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
@keem85 That one is a bit out of reach for me at this time =/

@terente0081 Could you send some logs my way? First, start up everything and then do what you need to
do in order to get things working, then shut OTT down, and grab the ott.log from the installation folder.
Send that to me in an email or as a PM here on the forums, and i'll take a look.

Cheers!

xeno3d
Adventurer
Hey there, I know this isn't a big deal or making the tool non functioning, but why doesn't the app remember window position?

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
@xeno3d It should, and does for me. Could you send me a log in debug mode and i'll have a look?

Cheers!

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

@xeno3d It should, and does for me. Could you send me a log in debug mode and i'll have a look?

Cheers!

Ya, mine also always pops up at the last spot on my monitor that I placed it before exiting.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

STORMMONSTER
Honored Guest
Hello, can anyone explain what could be the matter?
After installing OTT, I configured everything as I wanted using the explanations from the user guide. That is, everything looks the same as in the first images.
nkf0vbhpyza7.jpgpwbg4tmcrscy.jpg4l9o158j7khd.jpgnzfija12wxx4.jpg
But if you restart OTT, then an error appears at startup
867i2xe7fq03.jpg
and most of the settings become empty or checkboxes disappear
6bz4r06vebhu.jpg
tpfvfi5dc9q1.jpg
m4ohdr90ds7p.jpg
vm4bed698dvf.jpg
I tried to insert the checkbox launch from the admin, it did not help, the Read-only checkbox is the same as for the folder as for the configuration file (it generally kills the reading of configs).
And some of the functions work without installed checkboxes. For example, starting the oculus home in the tray, or autorun OTT at computer startup and some other settings.
Does everything that I configured work and do not pay attention to this visual bug or does it need to be solved and there is a solution?
Here are the logs in debug mode.
Sorry for the long post because of the pictures 😞

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
@STORMMONSTER If you want to use voice control, make sure that you are using a supported setup. Voice control will only work if the display language in Windows is the same as the voice pack you install. English is what is shipped and installed with OTT, and as such you must have English as display language in Windows.
Please do to a restart in debug mode (from the Advanced tab), and after
startup please grab the ott.log from the installation path. Next, try disabling voice control and see how things look after that. If things still look strange then do another restart in debug mode and again grab the ott.log and send that to me. Every time you do a restart in debug mode, a new ott.log is generated, so i would need both from both tests.

Cheers!