cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black screen Rift S right out of the box

Theo9743
Honored Guest
As stated in the title, I've just purchased a Rift S, but whenever I try to open a VR game, the application screen on the monitor is black, and so is the screen on the headset.

Have tried a barrage of things suggested on the internet including updating drivers, reinstalling software, unplug replug, restart, etc. - I've got nothing so far.
White light shows on the headset and everything is shown to be connected via the Oculus app.

Do I have a faulty model or is there something that I'm missing?
Thanks,
Theo
6 REPLIES 6

Theo9743
Honored Guest
fixed

lensmandave
Superstar

Theo9743 said:

fixed

How?
It might be useful info for others 🙂
Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB - Nvidia RTX 3080 ti - 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

Theo9743
Honored Guest

Theo9743 said:

fixed

How?
It might be useful info for others 🙂

Well to be honest I don't know, because it's the next day and it's doing the same issue! Arrrg. I haven't changed a thing!

Nukedoggydog
Honored Guest
im having a similar issue with my new Rift S. Just got it, gone through all the setup but the display on my headset wont turn on! super frustrated with this so let me know if it gets fixed!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm having the same problem you have any luck fixing yours

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Black517 said:

I'm having the same problem you have any luck fixing yours

Probably best to start off by going to the Oculus Rift S troubleshooting guide here;

Oculus Rift S Troubleshooting Tips

If you cannot sort this out, contact Oculus Support.  Good luck mate.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers