cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook Connect Keynote Speakers lineup

JuanCarlosCR
Explorer

When I read all the stories of this year's keynote speakers I was amazed. This year is full of talented people and I cannot be more excited. That Goro Fujita part was super cool too, he deserves it ❤️ .

What are your thoughts on this year's speakers?

_________
JuanCarlosCR

9 REPLIES 9

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Link? I'm too lazy to Google it 🙂

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I noticed a link to the lineup on a post somewhere, but following the link didn't get me to the list. I'll have to go take another look now that's it's actually posted.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

I'm afraid I don't know much about the speakers apart from John Carmack so I'll probably just keep the evening free and sit in from the start, see how it goes.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

I'm personally looking forward to these

How Developers and ISVs are Accelerating VR Adoption in the Enterprise
I'm planning to have an Enterprise Prototype by end of year, so this will help provide some great additional insight.

New World of Possibilities with Unreal and Oculus
Unreal is my tool of choice for VR development; so another great personal interest here.

Decisions, Decisions: PC VR or All-in-One
This will be of great interest to anyone who still believes Oculus is abandoning the Rift or PCVR. The fact that this segment is being presented at this conference is evidence enough alone that Oculus is committed to Rift and PCVR. But I highly doubt it will stop the doom n gloom Rift posts from staying strong over the next year. lol

The Future of Web in VR for Work and Play
While I prefer Unreal for VR App Dev, I began with WebVR (e.g. A-Frame). I would love to see the latest advancements on this front.

VR Storytelling: A Magical New Format
I think this is great! Very few studios manage to capture the full potential of VR in their story-telling. Most studios simply take the same old approach to development and storytelling while relying on VR to function "by default" as an automatic out-of-box enhancement. I look forward to more attempts to use VR as a tool instead of thinking that the mere presence of VR is all it takes.

John Carmack Unscripted
Carmack always takes center stage. I'm glad he's taking this moment to dispel all the false claims that he no longer works for Facebook, Oculus, or VR.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well something must have gone wrong somewhere.

I didn't get my invite to hold my Keynote. I have 2 hours worth of material lined up for the event.

Bastards.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I’ll watch the keynote, the “special event” which is probably the Quest 2 reveal, and of course, Carmack.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Nekto2
Superstar

@snowdog said:

I didn't get my invite to hold my Keynote. I have 2 hours worth of material lined up for the event.
But you are happy to have VR! 🙂
Now you could recreate Connect stage in ... VrChat and invite all to you Keynot (sorry Keynote)
😄

Nekto2
Superstar

@Zenbane said:

The Future of Web in VR for Work and Play
While I prefer Unreal for VR App Dev, I began with WebVR (e.g. A-Frame). I would love to see the latest advancements on this front.

Web in VR is great!
So it is WebXR now. "WebVR" is obsolete.
Have you read on Mozilla reality blog? And Mozilla Firefox browser for mobiles (Go, etc...)
They have social WebVR space. You could type in URL to load object inside VR room space from any server! That is just overwhelming!

VR Storytelling: A Magical New Format
I think this is great! Very few studios manage to capture the full potential of VR in their story-telling. Most studios simply take the same old approach to development and storytelling while relying on VR to function "by default" as an automatic out-of-box enhancement. I look forward to more attempts to use VR as a tool instead of thinking that the mere presence of VR is all it takes.

Have you seen "Lost Bear"?
Very nice story with simple VR integration. Story is in 2D, but surrounding is in VR and it chages.

John Carmack Unscripted
Carmack always takes center stage. I'm glad he's taking this moment to dispel all the false claims that he no longer works for Facebook, Oculus, or VR.

Wow!
😄

Richooal
Consultant

Zenbane said:

Decisions, Decisions: PC VR or All-in-One
This will be of great interest to anyone who still believes Oculus is abandoning the Rift or PCVR. The fact that this segment is being presented at this conference is evidence enough alone that Oculus is committed to Rift and PCVR. But I highly doubt it will stop the doom n gloom Rift posts from staying strong over the next year. lol

The guy who's talking about this (Bruce Wooden) looks like he's never worn a headset in his life!

7dj4z6q9lb24.jpg

i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.