cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

will NVIDIA GeForce 1050 Ti work

YT-TuffBoySyn
Honored Guest
this is what my laptop has and in the app the it reads the USB and it has a check mark but the Display port doesn't and won't read. I don't if its just incompatible or I'm just not doing something right.
24 REPLIES 24

Digikid1
Consultant
Laptops variants are not nearly as powerful as desktop variants despite having the same "name".

for example a desktop GPU 1050Ti is powerful enough.....but the laptop variant is NOT. 

Your laptop 1050Ti is more like a 1050 non ti.  It is just not powerful enough.  You will need a MUCH more powerful laptop with a MUCH more powerful GPU in it.

Sorry.

YT-TuffBoySyn
Honored Guest
what would be my options in this situation?

Digikid1
Consultant
New laptop/Desktop system I'm afraid.

YT-TuffBoySyn
Honored Guest
depression:( well thanks you're really helpful

Digikid1
Consultant
Sorry for the bad news bud.  Hope that you find something that can run it.  Just be careful though as some laptops that DO have more powerful iGPUs don't have control over the ports that Oculus uses.

Hey @Zenbane you just bought a laptop that can run VR....mind giving this guy a link to yours?  Might help him out in the right direction.  :smile:

YT-TuffBoySyn
Honored Guest
yea please

Digikid1
Consultant
@Zenbane

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Yo! Sorry, missed this thread somehow.

Let me test out my Rift CV1 on my new Alienware this week. Once I confirm it works great, I'll link you to the specs!
🙂

Digikid1
Consultant

Zenbane said:

Yo! Sorry, missed this thread somehow.

Let me test out my Rift CV1 on my new Alienware this week. Once I confirm it works great, I'll link you to the specs!
🙂

No worries.  Thank you.