cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection test was not able to start. Please try again. (1971063)

Vultiverse
Honored Guest

Quest is connected to a USB 3 port on my computer and the software recognizes that. It won't run this test however. I'm using a Dell XPS 15. I tried it on my desktop and it kinda works but the graphics card on it wont support it which is why I wanna use my laptop.

Additional Info:

Steam VR on my laptop won't recognize my Quest either. My desktop will though.

SideQuest on both computers recognize the Quest.

fb3xg99gn3ti.jpg

38 REPLIES 38

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hey @Vultiverse try other USB ports and updating your USB drivers. If you have another cable, then please try it. You can also re-run the setup to repair or reinstall the software. If you continue to have issues, please create a ticket here. - Principe
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Same problem. 1971063 error when trying the connection test. The laptop is new and completely up to date, tried all  usb ports. On my laptop, the Oculus Desktop App recognizes my Quest when plugged in, states the connection is USB 3, shows the Quest's serial number etc. The Quest Head Set is blank however, until I pull the cable out and then it goes to Quest Home Page. Here's my cable, works well for everyone else. ok, apparently I can't post link cause I'm a newb?

Google -->  
Quest Link Cable 16ft, VOKOO Oculus Link Cable with Signal Booster 

My Laptop is Omen15 2020. AMD 4800H processor, 1660Ti gpu, 32Gb 3200Mhz ram. Using the left side usb 3 A connection, not the usb-c, as instructed.

Maylor
Honored Guest
nealoculus said:

Same problem. 1971063 error when trying the connection test. The laptop is new and completely up to date, tried all  usb ports. On my laptop, the Oculus Desktop App recognizes my Quest when plugged in, states the connection is USB 3, shows the Quest's serial number etc. The Quest Head Set is blank however, until I pull the cable out and then it goes to Quest Home Page. Here's my cable, works well for everyone else. ok, apparently I can't post link cause I'm a newb?

Google -->  Quest Link Cable 16ft, VOKOO Oculus Link Cable with Signal Booster 

My Laptop is Omen15 2020. AMD 4800H processor, 1660Ti gpu, 32Gb 3200Mhz ram. Using the left side usb 3 A connection, not the usb-c, as instructed.

I'm having the exact same issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Maylor said:

nealoculus said:

Google -->  Quest Link Cable 16ft, VOKOO Oculus Link Cable with Signal Booster 

I'm having the exact same issue.

Is yours an AMD processor? Doubt it makes a difference just curious. Which cable are you running?
I'd make an official ticket but have a feeling they'd give me the runaround. reboot, unplug, update etc. etc.
SOMEONE HELP! 😛

EbonKnight
Honored Guest
Having the same problem. Connection test was not able to start. Please try again. (1971063). AMD Ryzen 9 laptop. USB 3.2 port of which I have tried the 3 available. Software confirms the USB 3 connection. But test does not start and as it is a new quest the quest itself seems very jittery and w/ poor quality

ofletcher
Honored Guest
Same problem here.  Shows linked, connected and active, but connection test won't run.  Only see a black screen in Oculus Home.  

connzbro1
Honored Guest
I am having the exact same problem! I am always getting a black screen whenever I connect my headset. I have an Alienware Aurora r9 and I have been able to use Oculus Link before, but now, I cannot use it anymore. I press allow in my headset and it goes to a black screen. Someone please tell me how to fix this!! I am really annoyed about this!!

SuperUnknownDud
Protege
Yup. Same problem. This is because of Update 20. It was working fine before the update. It probably won't be fixed anytime soon seeing as how Oculus doesn't even care to add the Radeon RX 5600XT to the supported GPU list either. I like how I just bought this Quest a month ago and it's been nothing but a god awful experience.

Not enough GPU support. Link cable doesn't work properly (anymore). Mandatory Facebook accounts en route.

What a waste of money.

shreddx
Honored Guest
Same problem for me.. Unable to start the connection test. VR stays black. Really annoying. Any fix?