cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else used to hate Oculus?

TheGreenYoutube
Protege
I hated Oculus for no reason(kinda like how we all hate that one spoon in our house). I think I started to like them when they released the Rift S(i love plug and play headsets that don't need base stations. Was consider getting the Odyssey+). I completely fell in love with them when I found out about the Quest. It's exactly what I need. Anyone else felt like this?
32 REPLIES 32

TheGreenYoutube
Protege

saami81 said:

Hating a company, any company seems a bit weird. I know that there are people who actually hates Apple, Facebook, Microsoft etc... Usually bigger companies. 

I don't hate them for real. It was more like a fanboy hate. Like "LMAO Oculus is gay and it sucks Vive FTW!!!"

Morgrum
Expert Trustee
5p419bjio3k6.gif
WAAAGH!

kevinw729
Honored Visionary
I dislike seeing the word hate on forums - and for it to be used against a company - this is incredibly unproductive, and for what is just a hobby for most on this forum, is a dangerous and insightful term. Non of what the corporation or its owner is doing is worth such an emotion.

I am also interested in the term "...Anyone else used to hate Oculus?"
Is this a typo, or a more insidious claim of being "forced" or "encouraged" to hate the company? Some posters on this forum feel that any criticism of business practice is an "attack" against the company. We have worked hard to show that opinions can be had on both sides of the isle and that there is no definitive view. Best get off the hate train, it is self-destructive. 
https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959

nalex66
MVP
MVP

kevinw729 said:

I dislike seeing the word hate on forums - and for it to be used against a company - this is incredibly unproductive, and for what is just a hobby for most on this forum, is a dangerous and insightful term. Non of what the corporation or its owner is doing is worth such an emotion.

Is this a typo, or a more insidious claim of being "forced" or "encouraged" to hate the company? Some posters on this forum feel that any criticism of business practice is an "attack" against the company. We have worked hard to show that opinions can be had on both sides of the isle and that there is no definitive view. Best get off the hate train, it is self-destructive. 

I think he means "used to" as in past tense--he hated Oculus in the past, but changed his view over time. It's in his OP:

I hated Oculus for no reason(kinda like how we all hate that one spoon
in our house). I think I started to like them when they released the
Rift S(i love plug and play headsets that don't need base stations. Was
consider getting the Odyssey+). I completely fell in love with them when
I found out about the Quest. It's exactly what I need. Anyone else felt
like this?

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

kevinw729 said:

I dislike seeing the word hate on forums

He's just being honest, and some people seem to dislike blunt honesty. There are those who prefer to illustrate "hate" with their actions, but publicly denounce the word "hate" in what is a rather obvious ruse.

Some posters on this forum feel that any criticism of business practice is an "attack" against the company.

And there kevin goes again. Taking another opportunity to derail from the main issue and launch his attacks against posters who disagree with him. Seems like... hate.

🙂

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Anyone else used to hate Oculus?

There are a ton of posters who hated Oculus in the past, and still do. In fact, the reason my Forum Score is so high (currently number 1 ranking) is the direct result of that hate. While I prefer to have conversations about collaboration and constructive dialogue on innovation, there is just so much hate on this forum that I end up in long-winded battles and long-term feuds with those who "hate Oculus." Hence all my upvotes by the non-haters.

Welcome to the community! It's a lovely place. ❤️

Anonymous
Not applicable

kevinw729 said:

He's using past tense. I do wonder sometimes whether English is your native language? If not then it would explain your almost constant grammatical errors. Or maybe you suffer from a mild form of dyslexia? ?

Not having a go or anything, it's a genuine question.

kevinw729
Honored Visionary

snowdog said:
He's using past tense. I do wonder sometimes whether English is your native language? If not then it would explain your almost constant grammatical errors. Or maybe you suffer from a mild form of dyslexia? ?

Not having a go or anything, it's a genuine question.

Thanks @snowdog and @nalex66 - was wondering if I had the wrong end of the stick, but obviously he may not be a native speaker so I missed his grammatical errors.

Though I still stand by hatred and blind obsession in any post just leads to trouble.
https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

kevinw729 said:
 was wondering if I had the wrong end of the stick, but obviously he may not be a native speaker so I missed his grammatical errors.

No dude, the OP didn't have any grammatical errors. He used proper grammar and spelling. snowdog was asking you if English is YOUR native language, and was referencing your own grammatical errors. Not the OP's.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
All right, let’s drop this. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo