cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stutter when turning head in War Thunder

chrisogrady
Honored Guest
I have an AMD 3950X and a GTX 2080 and 64GB of ram. I would expect to run my Rift S with impressive settings.

I have an irritating stutter when I turn my head. Sometimes it happens more than than others.

I just turned the graphics down to medium to see if that was the problem and the stuttering was just terrible. It does not seem to be my graphics settings. It looks like something with the Rift regardless of graphics.

When I turn my head the screen pulls, the graphics stop, frames are dropped.

I have everything closed on my computer except for steam, war thunder and oculus.

It is incredibly irritating to have such an amazing gaming rig and to have Oculus stuttering when I turn my head most of the time.

Please help...
14 REPLIES 14

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
A quick search and seems like an ongoing issue with the game itself:

chrisogrady
Honored Guest
I searched this forum and did not find anything recent.

This reddit post is from 1 year ago and does not have any new comments. I would expect the issue to be resolved on a 1 year old post without new comments.

This reddit post also has nothing at all to do with VR or Oculus. I play the game often without VR and it has no issues with stuttering.

I will also post in the war thunder forum.

SuperUnknownDud
Protege
Sounds like a supersampling or antialiasing problem tbh. I can run the game just fine but when I start messing with the Sampling options, the screen starts tearing all to hell.
And that's not just in-game settings either. You have to be cognizant of the steamVR settings too.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Agreed. Any stutter issues I've had in situations where it's only 1 game causing it, tends to be related to SS and AA.

chrisogrady
Honored Guest
War Thunder is the ONLY game I play in VR. I'm on medium and I still have occasional stuttering. Again, I'm on a 3950X and RTX 2080. I would expect better graphics performance. It is just incredibly frustrating to have the screen stutter when I turn my head.

I put in a support ticket and Oculus support solved it without even replying!!! I just have a  case with no replies that says "solved".

8o54lrvl7jbb.jpg

chrisogrady
Honored Guest
Here, I created a YouTube video with the OculusDebugTool.exe running: (ohh great I can't post links yet)

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
PM me the link and I can post it for you.

chrisogrady
Honored Guest
add https = youtu.be/bjFpVshcMCI

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Ah yeah, I can see the performance drops

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjFpVshcMCI