cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new developers rule...

ZickenMom
Explorer
do i have to make the verification thing, even though i only created the acc. to dl stuff from sidequest and never use it?
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Depends what you want to do .. Some cannot remember why they created one so here is a reminder..

To gain access to sideloading and altering files on the Quest you'll first need to enable developer mode. This will allow Side Loading apps and other features. Sign up as a developer at by registering an account on the Oculus Developer Dashboard. Once done you can enable Developer mode on your Quest.

Im guessing if you do not then you will lose the account and the Developer option in your Quest along with things like Disabling the Guardian but im only guessing.

ZickenMom
Explorer
hm i have a couple of games like quake and deisim?/deiism? and others from sidequest; so, would i lose those apps if i don't verify or be unable to open/play them?

Anonymous
Not applicable
As they are already installed i would say probably not however if you ever needed a factory reset then they would probably be wiped. Thats when you may wish you had verified, 

kojack
MVP
MVP
I've seen the Quest turn off developer mode when some automatic updates happen. I loaned my Quest to one of my students for the week (for some development work) and the first day an update came out and turned off developer mode. He couldn't turn it back on since it needed my phone. So he couldn't upload builds for testing.
I haven't seen that happen for a while, but if it did, the mobile app may not allow turning dev mode back on without finishing the verification process.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

nalex66
MVP
MVP
If you look at the Verify page on your Developer Dashboard, you may find that you’re already verified. They want you to set up either a credit card, or 2-factor authentication. I already had a payment method because I use the Oculus store, so I didn’t need to do anything. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

kojack
MVP
MVP
Hehe, I didn't read it fully, I thought both credit card and tfa were needed. Guess I was already verified (it had my credit card filled in).

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

ZickenMom
Explorer
ty all for clarifying this; i bought all games through paypal, but looks like verifying might be a good idea then(reset/update wise)
and who knows, maybe i feel rebuilding a very old 2d game in 3d vr one day or play around with it.
thanks again.

alexwafer12
Honored Guest
make sure your signed in to the right facebook account. just spent an hour searching the internet for answers to realise i was logged in on my second facebook account by accident