cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automobilista 2

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey gang,
So the other day I decided I wanted to get back in racing sims. Has been many years for me, and I wanted to check it out in VR. 
So I purchased a Logitech G29 wheel setup, and also purchased this recently released Automobilista 2.

I am having a blast this. It is gorgeous in VR and has a wide selection of both cars and tracks. I am currently cutting my teeth with the Formula V10
running practice laps until I can get decent enough I feel I could take on the AI.

I had never heard of this one, thought I would drop it here for others that might be interested. Appears to be pretty hard core racing sim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=JVg1ftqwd20&feature=emb_logo

30 REPLIES 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
Interestingly I tried the same setting for Sharpening Strength as you, and ended up with the game locking up after about 7 laps. .  had to kill it with task manager. Don't know if it was related or not, I restored to the default and so far has not happened again.

lensmandave
Superstar

dburne said:

Interestingly I tried the same setting for Sharpening Strength as you, and ended up with the game locking up after about 7 laps. .  had to kill it with task manager. Don't know if it was related or not, I restored to the default and so far has not happened again.

Weird, I've been using it for weeks now and haven't had any game lockups. It seems to be a universally used setting for VR drivers on the forum so maybe your crash was not related.
Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB - Nvidia RTX 3080 ti - 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

Anonymous
Not applicable

dburne said:

Weird, I've been using it for weeks now and haven't had any game lockups. It seems to be a universally used setting for VR drivers on the forum so maybe your crash was not related.

Yeah maybe not, I will try it again in a bit. Might try a little SS with OTT first and see how that does.

lensmandave
Superstar

dburne said:

dburne said:

Yeah maybe not, I will try it again in a bit. Might try a little SS with OTT first and see how that does.

Well, I know you have more horsepower than me but these are the settings that are giving me excellent sharp detailed display with the Rift S pegged at 80 fps with maximum number on cars on track.
I have OTT at 1.0 BTW
Aniso 8x - MSAA High - Reflections High - Enviro Low - Car detail Ultra - Track detail  Ultra - Shadows Medium  - Grass Low - Particles Low
::smile:
Dave
Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB - Nvidia RTX 3080 ti - 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

Anonymous
Not applicable

dburne said:

dburne said:

Well, I know you have more horsepower than me but these are the settings that are giving me excellent sharp detailed display with the Rift S pegged at 80 fps with maximum number on cars on track.
I have OTT at 1.0 BTW
Aniso 8x - MSAA High - Reflections High - Enviro Low - Car detail Ultra - Track detail  Ultra - Shadows Medium  - Grass Low - Particles Low
::smile:
Dave

Thanks much, I will check them out and also try the sharpening tip again as well.
I have been running with 26 cars and performance is great. I will up that also.

YoLolo69
Trustee
First VR game I don't have to use any SS, and I usually can't stand less than 1,5. The Sharpeningstrengh trick is kind of magic, and I keep my fps.

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

Anonymous
Not applicable

YoLolo69 said:

First VR game I don't have to use any SS, and I usually can't stand less than 1,5. The Sharpeningstrengh trick is kind of magic, and I keep my fps.

Ok I will give that trick another try and see how it does.
I now have the graphics pretty much maxed out and it is still performing great for me.
Running 30 cars now also.

Question - are we supposed to be hearing a spotter in a race?

lensmandave
Superstar

dburne said:

YoLolo69 said:

I now have the graphics pretty much maxed out and it is still performing great for me.

Spotter doesn't work at the moment...
Best option is to get Crew Chief app..
https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/offical-release-of-crew-chief-version-4-auto-upda...
🙂
Dave

Anonymous
Not applicable

dburne said:

YoLolo69 said:

Spotter doesn't work at the moment...
Best option is to get Crew Chief app..
https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/offical-release-of-crew-chief-version-4-auto-upda...
🙂
Dave

Hey that looks pretty nifty, I will have to check that out much thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Received my new Wheel Stand Pro yesterday and got the G29 with Shifter all mounted up and ready to go.
Great piece of kit, solid as can be and very convenient to move in for use and out as needed. Also easily folds down for storage.
Assembly instructions included were horrible, thankfully Wheel Stand Pro has some good assembly videos on YouTube.

Now I am ready to rumble!