cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duo Packs of games but I already have one of them. What happens? Any discount if I buy the pack?

Anonymous
Not applicable
The magical adventures duo pack of Down the Rabbit Hole and Shadow Point for CA$14.86 says 35% off of CA$22.99 but that is the price of each game so it would be more like 70% off (unless they are $14.86 each? but it doesn't seem like it) so if they are basically going for >$7:50 each. I already purchased DTRH for $22.99. How does it work when you buy a DUO pack but already own one of them?
7 REPLIES 7

Richooal
Consultant
A discount will be automatically applied if you already own one or more of the apps/games in the pack.

i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

Digikid1
Consultant
It tells you right in the app that you already have one of the games and will tell you the discount.

What headset are you using?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Quest with VD. I noticed that they changed the price now. They figured out that it was a 70% discount not 35% lol Should have bought it.

HappyCorpse1
Honored Guest
This Must be broken I tried with several apps that I own one of for the Duo Packs and I always get the offer but the cost is always full price.  I even tried hashing this out with Oculus and they said it's because I bought it as Rift and it doesn't apply to the Quest side.  This is complete BS since I only own a quest and I have bought very little for use with the cable.  In Fact I have tried buying 4 times with apps that I only bought for the Quest using the Quest itself and they still stand on their statement that I bought it on the Rift purchase.  I've lost my faith that they are being honest actors. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Easy enough to check. Is it in your Quest library? Then you bought it on the Quest. Rift games don't show up on the Quest. edit: oops I forgot about crossbuy. If you purchase on Rift and it's a crossbuy title then you can download it for free but it doesn't count as a Quest purchase.

HappyCorpse1
Honored Guest
Yep I did crossbuy twice.but the rest were legit buys only for the quest using the quest itself or the app.   The app still says your available to buy at a reduced price since I own one of the pack, but still charges me the full cost of the duo pack.   I fought on this but I was told, too bad you must be mistaken.  If so why am I offered the reduction but never receive it.  Why under my Orders stating how I purchase is it not listed as Rift/quest/go within the order ID.  I had a Rift a while back but sold it and while I can use my Quest as a unofficial Rift with Oculus link I mainly buy for the Quest since it's more a freeing experience.  I have missed so many Duo Packs do to this anomaly that it isn't worth buying any offers.  
I went ahead one time and bought it to confirm the problem and they just refunded my money without correcting the issue sighting the same reasons.  Nope, do not trust the statement below on the app about owning one.  You will be charged the full price for the Duo Pack even if you own one of them.

HappyCorpse1
Honored Guest
Just noticed Something really bad.  If you log out and look at the price it will show the full price.  As an example for this purchase owning none (I can only assume this since full price is only shown logged out) is 39.98 with a 29% discount for a total of 27.99.
I only see the discount price with owning 1 already which is 19.99 with a 25% discount for a total of 14.99.  You have to log out and look at the price to see the correct total and discount.  Very bad web design since it's very uninformative and confusing.
It should be fixed as it forces you to log out to see the value savings and that the discount per item varies as a total.
.by2i6s4buq5b.jpg j3rewvmy7s1w.jpg