cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process of Moving on from the OculusVR Forum

kevinw729
Honored Visionary
Did not want to fill the General Forum discussion up with this clutter, but also wanted to explain in a post rather than answer all the PM's individually. 

Question = Where have you been?
I received some PM's asking why I had not been as regular in posting as I had been. Part is due obviously to the World Health situation, and the need to look after clients and investors that are crawling back and re-opening their facilities in the LBE scene. But also there has been limited news of real interest on the forum. The reality of the Facebook announcement gave one point of interaction, but then seeing how the responses were being "played" I felt its best to take a step back and focus more on the discussions at the closed forums that I post or moderate.  

Question = Will you still be posting?
Well, yes and no.
I have decided that after the Facebook Connect 7 announcements [have a media key so will be logging on in person] - I will join in some of the forum discussions, (hoping for some lively exchanges of views in a civil atmosphere), but now as I mark coming up to some seven years posting on this forum that I may now turn the corner and with its merger into the new VR Social Media strategy, I may take my leave. I will however use my Quest at least a couple of times to try out the new medium of Horizon Forums, but at which point I think by January will move on, (though this may happen sooner than later so wanted to post this).

Just wanted to thank all the moderators and friends made on this service over the years, shame so many have moved on, but at least we can hock up at the other forums.

Wish all well, and look forward to seeing the advancements made in the next seven years.

TTFN
https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959
27 REPLIES 27

Double_Shot
Adventurer

However I might feel guilty lurking here when I get my G2 and give away my cv1 ? Although who knows I may be buying something special from Oculus after FC7.

At the risk of hijacking this illuminating thread, what do you think of the HTC Vive and the Valve Index?  I looked into the G2 but didn't see a lot of software available for it yet.

Anonymous
Not applicable

However I might feel guilty lurking here when I get my G2 and give away my cv1 ? Although who knows I may be buying something special from Oculus after FC7.

At the risk of hijacking this illuminating thread, what do you think of the HTC Vive and the Valve Index?  I looked into the G2 but didn't see a lot of software available for it yet.

The exact same software that's available for the Vive and Index is also available for the G2.

Double_Shot
Adventurer

snowdog said:

The exact same software that's available for the Vive and Index is also available for the G2.

That's good to know.  I went to Steam and looked for the G2 icon and came up empty.  Granted I only looked at half a dozen apps but only saw compatibility with the "big three".  I didn't see any G2 icons.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

No need to feel guilty. Plenty of posters maintain competitor headsets in this community. Including at least one of the Moderators.

However, please don't turn in to one of those posters who buys a competitor headset and then only sticks around here to gloat, bait, or engage in that type of negative behavior we have seen from others who are clearly sticking around just to validate their purchase decision and "wait to see" if Facebook/Oculus fails.

Just don't be "that guy." 😉

Luciferous
Consultant

Zenbane said:

No need to feel guilty. Plenty of posters maintain competitor headsets in this community. Including at least one of the Moderators.

However, please don't turn in to one of those posters who buys a competitor headset and then only sticks around here to gloat, bait, or engage in that type of negative behavior we have seen from others who are clearly sticking around just to validate their purchase decision and "wait to see" if Facebook/Oculus fails.

Just don't be "that guy." 😉

Remember 'Gloating' is in the eye of the beholder, don't be that holder 🙂

hoppingbunny123
Rising Star
heh

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Kevin, I think you should just ask the mods to delete this piece of melodrama and just crack-on with it like you are doing. It all seems rather contradictory given you appear to be posting more frequently than ever. If you don't ask I'll do it for you.

😉 

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

Techy111
MVP
MVP

kevinw729 said:

Interesting seeing the feigned clutching of pearls going on here to my response, with the play of the victim. I have had my say. If it was not to your liking then you are welcome to your views. I think I know were I stand on this - against personal attacks. Sorry cancel culture is not a thing on this forum...yet!

I will agree with @Shadowmask72 on this, you have had your say so I personally feel this thread has run its course.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.