cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHY IS OCULUS A PIECE OF CRAP???

Mitts7
Honored Guest
Never in my life have I seen such junk. All you can download is the free crap. Trying to purchase an app is impossible. You seek help, and they tell you to click on things that don't even exist. This Oculus Quest was a total waste of money. A few years ago my son, who was at that time in his 20's designed a VR app that put this stuff to shame. I have absolutely nothing good to say about Oculus. PURE JUNK!
19 REPLIES 19

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
kn5x8uw27u3q.gif

Double_Shot
Adventurer
You sound like a man who's on the verge of ripping his shirt open and screaming at the sky.  
(That's all I got.)

I think kojack asked in your thread about the PIN problem what method you were using and which step you were getting stuck on.

Presumably you weren't able to reset your pin, which method did you try and exactly what response did you get with each step?

Nunyabinez
Rising Star
w8yya04z6h6e.gif

I know you are frustrated and I can sympathize, but you can't possibly believe that this is a common occurrence. Millions of people are buying games on a regular basis.

i7 8700, 16GB, RTX 2080 TI, Rift CV1 | i5 4690K, 16GB, GTX 1660 TI, Rift CV1 | Quest | Quest 2

Pixie40
Expert Trustee
*looks at library of bought games*
Funny, looks like it is possible to buy games. If you're barred due to forgetting your PIN, maybe you should have written it down somewhere (that isn't online)? Might be possible to reset or change it. If it's a different problem, how is anyone (even support) suppose to help you if all you do is rant about how 'crap' the product is?

As a side note, your Oculus Quest is hardware, not software. Even if you're having issues with the Oculus store, grab your charge cord and plug it into one of your PC's USB C ports. You can then access Steam VR. That of course assumes you have a VR capable PC. Considering you (the OP) say your son created a VR app that's 'better then the quest', I'm assuming you do have one.

As another side note, how the heck do you judge a VR app to be "better" then the hardware it's ran on anyway?!
Lo, a quest! I seek the threads of my future in the seeds of the past.

I think from the Op's original thread that there was a problem setting up the PIN during the initial setup, possibly a glitch with the app, but if they can provide more specific steps that were taken perhaps someone here can help.

Pixie40
Expert Trustee
I buy most of my Oculus Store content right here on the Oculus website, then download it to my PC or Quest (depending on if it's Rift or Quest content). And the few times I had an issue, customer support was rather prompt in helping me resolve it.
Lo, a quest! I seek the threads of my future in the seeds of the past.

Digikid1
Consultant
Don't worry.  You can at the very least remember your pin quite easily by typing 0000 to 9999.

Time consuming though.

But in all seriousness have you contacted ACTUAL Oculus support regarding this "issue" of yours?

support.oculus.com is where you want to go.  This forum is NOT Oculus Support.

In his other thread he contacted support and tried everything. But as I say it could be useful to have the details here as someone may have had the same problem and could help.