New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

WHY IS OCULUS A PIECE OF CRAP???

Mitts7Mitts7 Posts: 3
NerveGear
Never in my life have I seen such junk. All you can download is the free crap. Trying to purchase an app is impossible. You seek help, and they tell you to click on things that don't even exist. This Oculus Quest was a total waste of money. A few years ago my son, who was at that time in his 20's designed a VR app that put this stuff to shame. I have absolutely nothing good to say about Oculus. PURE JUNK!

Comments

• ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 16,755 Valuable Player
    edited September 13

Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 6,314 Volunteer Moderator
    edited September 13
    I think kojack asked in your thread about the PIN problem what method you were using and which step you were getting stuck on.

Presumably you weren't able to reset your pin, which method did you try and exactly what response did you get with each step?
    Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v2004 (19041.508)
  • NunyabinezNunyabinez Posts: 165
    Art3mis

I know you are frustrated and I can sympathize, but you can't possibly believe that this is a common occurrence. Millions of people are buying games on a regular basis.
    i7 8700, 16GB, RTX 2080 TI, Rift CV1 | i5 4690K, 16GB, GTX 1660 TI, Rift CV1 | Quest
  • Pixie40Pixie40 Posts: 506
    Neo
    *looks at library of bought games*
    Funny, looks like it is possible to buy games. If you're barred due to forgetting your PIN, maybe you should have written it down somewhere (that isn't online)? Might be possible to reset or change it. If it's a different problem, how is anyone (even support) suppose to help you if all you do is rant about how 'crap' the product is?

As a side note, your Oculus Quest is hardware, not software. Even if you're having issues with the Oculus store, grab your charge cord and plug it into one of your PC's USB C ports. You can then access Steam VR. That of course assumes you have a VR capable PC. Considering you (the OP) say your son created a VR app that's 'better then the quest', I'm assuming you do have one.

As another side note, how the heck do you judge a VR app to be "better" then the hardware it's ran on anyway?!
    edited September 14
    I think from the Op's original thread that there was a problem setting up the PIN during the initial setup, possibly a glitch with the app, but if they can provide more specific steps that were taken perhaps someone here can help.
    Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v2004 (19041.508)
  • Pixie40Pixie40 Posts: 506
    Neo
    I buy most of my Oculus Store content right here on the Oculus website, then download it to my PC or Quest (depending on if it's Rift or Quest content). And the few times I had an issue, customer support was rather prompt in helping me resolve it.
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,478 Valuable Player
    Don't worry.  You can at the very least remember your pin quite easily by typing 0000 to 9999.

Time consuming though.

But in all seriousness have you contacted ACTUAL Oculus support regarding this "issue" of yours?

support.oculus.com is where you want to go.  This forum is NOT Oculus Support.
    edited September 14
    In his other thread he contacted support and tried everything. But as I say it could be useful to have the details here as someone may have had the same problem and could help.
  • OmegaM4NOmegaM4N Posts: 1,057
    Wintermute
    Yeah go to oculus support as they will be able to help you, although you will have to have some patience as these are still trying times for the world in general, and yes it will be frustrating, but try them as i am sure they will be able to sort your issue out.
  • Double_ShotDouble_Shot Posts: 127
    Art3mis
    Pixie40 said:
    I buy most of my Oculus Store content right here on the Oculus website, then download it to my PC or Quest (depending on if it's Rift or Quest content). And the few times I had an issue, customer support was rather prompt in helping me resolve it.
    Same here.  I've used Oculus support twice in two+ years and was promptly (prompt as in within 24 hours) responded to.
  • BNS.Random.PrecisionBNS.Random.Precision Posts: 8
    Brain Burst
    edited October 5
    I suggest he gets his son to check his setup as I think the OP is a touch technically challenged.

However, if it's a general question to incite responses, I can lay down a truth about Oculus and why they are indeed an extract from excrement. Rift CV1 owners can't get spares for love nor money. It's okay to discontinue parts if the unit is a few generations out, but Oculus have only released the Rift S and Quest in recent months. If Oculus think I'm going to agree and just update to the newer model they about to be very disappointed. This is poor marketing and handling of the needs for those with the founding model. Mine was only bought three years ago when they released and it's near impossible to get minor consumables like cables and sensors.

A word to the wise would be to avoid buying any VR product from them. They don't care about you the consumer. All they care about is lining their pockets.  That said, I appreciate most will take these comments with a pinch of salt, but just wait. When the next gen VR headset hits the shelves the Rift S spares market will grind to a halt and all those laughing at my concerns will realise I was right. After all, these VR kits are cheap as chips, eh? Whats a few hundred $ or £ more out our pockets?
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 2,841 Valuable Player
    Must be about time to close this crappy thread, lol!

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti, 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, PCI-E PCI Express to USB 3.1 Gen 2 card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro w/2.0 base stations/controllers, Quest w/Link and VD wireless (good/close 5Ghz wifi and PC with Ethernet cable to my Router).

• Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,854 Volunteer Moderator
    TomCgcmfc said:
    Must be about time to close this crappy thread, lol!
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion so I'll leave it open, not gagging anyone here. I would remind people to be respectful and try not to raise further anger or dissent.
    I'll close the thread if it becomes aggressive or any personal member attacks.
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

edited October 5
    Yep, other than the click-bait title, it seems to relate to a legit question.

Maybe would have gotten more helpful suggestions though with a title that asked for helpful suggestions.
    Sorry but I would think that a useless thread started by a one, or very low post wonder, that has not lead to anything useful to anyone, is not very useful.  I guess accurate and useful content is no longer a high priority in this Oculus user forum.  Probably going to be the norm with the upcoming Facebook-only forum, lol!

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti, 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, PCI-E PCI Express to USB 3.1 Gen 2 card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro w/2.0 base stations/controllers, Quest w/Link and VD wireless (good/close 5Ghz wifi and PC with Ethernet cable to my Router).

• Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,854 Volunteer Moderator
    Nope not at all...just don't want to gag people, Facebook or no Facebook ;)
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

So you let a thread started by a one post wonder/troll who after over 2 weeks has not even responded continue?  Sorry but I’d expect more from you mate.

• nalex66nalex66 Posts: 6,228 Volunteer Moderator
    edited October 5
    We could always just let the thread die of natural causes by not posting in it. If not for this discussion about closing it, it would have already fallen off the front page.

Oops, now I've done it! :s
    i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
    SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 850 Evo 1TB, 840 Evo 1TB | Startech 4 controller PCIe USB 3.0