cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DO NOT BUY

bloodthirsty323
Honored Guest
This is the worst product I have ever bought. Oculus has hidden in the small print that YOU will spend alot of time and money to get the Rift S to actually work on a brand new tower computer to work ( YEA THEY DON'T TELL YOU IT WON'T WORK ON ALL-IN-ONE COMPUTERS ). They don't tell you the cables which are not HDMI are NOT SOLD on US COMPUTERS. I have already purchased 2 different graphics cards but the last one won't fit in my computer so back to the drawing boards!!! So far I have spent 900.00 without counting the Oculus Rift S and it still doesn't work right!!!! Save YOUR MONEY SO NOT BUY!!!!!!!!!!!
8 REPLIES 8

Richooal
Consultant
"buyer beware".
Check system requirements before purchase. These are available on the Oculus website.
The Rift S uses a Display Port connection, not HDMI. Computers sold in the US (amazingly) do have DP connectors. After all, the US is a world leader in a lot of things. (with the exception of virus control and choosing presidents)
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

Telling people on the forum, who have bought and are using the headset, not to buy, has limited worth.

The forum however could have some worth to you. Before buying anything else, say what PC you have, tell us your specs, and the people on the forum may be able to help advise you.

Double_Shot
Adventurer
You've only spent $900 on your system and you want the Rift S to function as advertised?  Dang.  I spent over half that just for my GPU.  I think you'll need to step up a bit.

kojack
MVP
MVP
Most all-in-one computers are running on intel integrated gpus. These are not compatible with Oculus headsets, you must have a Nvidia or AMD graphics card. Although if you got a Microsoft Surface Studio 2 all-in-one, that has a nvidia 1060. (Not saying it is Rift compatible, never used one, just that its a rare all-in-one with a nvidia gpu)

They don't tell you the cables which are not HDMI are NOT SOLD on US COMPUTERS.

No idea who US Computers is, but what are you trying to buy? The Rift-S comes with the only required cable, it's a custom hybrid DisplayPort/USB cable. Most VR headsets (WMR, Vive, Index, Oculus, etc) use custom hybrid cables that you can't buy from a generic store. If you are looking for extension cables, its not really Oculus' fault if US Computers don't sell Display Port extensions.

I have already purchased 2 different graphics cards but the last one won't fit in my computer so back to the drawing boards!!!

Also not exactly Oculus' fault. I'd be surprised if any gfx card fit in an all-in-one, they typically can't take gfx cards at all.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

falken76
Expert Consultant

This is the worst product I have ever bought. Oculus has hidden in the small print that YOU will spend alot of time and money to get the Rift S to actually work on a brand new tower computer to work ( YEA THEY DON'T TELL YOU IT WON'T WORK ON ALL-IN-ONE COMPUTERS ). They don't tell you the cables which are not HDMI are NOT SOLD on US COMPUTERS. I have already purchased 2 different graphics cards but the last one won't fit in my computer so back to the drawing boards!!! So far I have spent 900.00 without counting the Oculus Rift S and it still doesn't work right!!!! Save YOUR MONEY SO NOT BUY!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like someone who knows nothing about computers got confused and is blaming others.  LOL You bought a card that doesn't fit your case, dimensions are always shown.

If you're a moron who knows nothing at all about computers, maybe you shouldn't buy it.  I would suspect most of them would be fine though, you'd be on the lower spectrum of that demographic.

For the common consumer, this isn't difficult.

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
So the title should in fact be: DO NOT READ

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

Morgrum
Expert Trustee
I dunno worst product I ever bought was supposed to make me bigger using suction power.
It didnt work......  o:)
WAAAGH!

GreenPilot
Honored Guest
why didn't you do your research? if you're going to buy a $400 VR headset you should search something like "does the Rift S work with an all in one PC" if you sell that sorry excuse for a PC you could buy a nice entry level VR gaming PC, all in one PC's (in my opinion) are not the best for gaming.