New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus Rift S headset messed up my normal microphone headset

Tymon12Tymon12 Posts: 2
NerveGear
Hello, I just set up my VR headset yesterday and when I disconnected it my microphone does not work properly. It does not pick up my voice anymore despite hearing background noise. I tried db boosting it but it just intensifies the background and not my voice. I disabled both the oculus microphone and headset in my settings but that has not done anything. Any way to fix this? I have school and this is pretty aggravating that it screwed up my normal microphone and not being able to do anything to fix it.

Comments

• Chester_7474Chester_7474 Posts: 8
    Brain Burst
    Change your microphone from the quest microphone back to the PC's mic. The background noise is probably the Headset microphone picking up the sound of your room noise. Or maybe you have the wrong port selected on the PC.
  • Tymon12Tymon12 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Change your microphone from the quest microphone back to the PC's mic. The background noise is probably the Headset microphone picking up the sound of your room noise. Or maybe you have the wrong port selected on the PC.
    I did that as well. But it is not working still. Also, it says in the sound settings that it is disabled but not disconnected for some reason even though it is not plugged in. I even removed the device from my oculus home but it is still not working.
  • roosterduderoosterdude Posts: 12
    Brain Burst
    I (and I think a lot of people) use AudioSwitcher... https://audioswit.ch/er