cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook Connect 7 - Stuff n Thaangs

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
This can be used as a Megathread to discuss everything announced at the conference. Which begins in 27 minutes!
253 REPLIES 253

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee

Zenbane said:

Quest comes with optional Halo strap. Nice!

2j82j4xoghkk.png

See I don't like halo straps - and to me, that isn't a halo strap. The halo strap on the Rift S (the one I don't like) is a complete circular strap/band with the headset attached to it. This one is an extended semi-circular strap with the headset an integral part, very similar to the Index, which to me is the best one - so I don't have a problem with this one, I would probably really like it.

But I won't order until next year. I'm happy with Quest 1 and Index for now - it covers all my needs. Next year, all the extra goodies should be available for Quest 2 as well, so best to wait, I think. That also gives the opportunity to watch and read all the reviews and opinions and make an informed decision.

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_x6lux6f_6g

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

Calibos
Heroic Explorer
Ordered 2x 64gb HMD's, 2x Elite Headstrap with Battery and 2x Link Cables. RIP my Visa @ €1200.

One for me and one for Bro.

Diappointed with Audio Solutions. DOn't like in ears and the Logitech Gaming PRO is literally the same as the regular version except with short cable. Even the promo photo's look silly.

kojack
MVP
MVP

nalex66 said:

Huh. $80 CAD more for Quest 2 256GB than Quest 1 64GB.

Here the Quest 64GB was $649au.
The Quest 2 256GB is $639au.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeh announcing some good games on the horizon. Now the stinker will be if they stop revive from working. That will then force people to buy the Quest 2 if they want to play them (that's if they are exclusive). At least MOH comes to Steam as well. Hopefully this is indicative of the other games as well.

Great regarding MOH coming to Steam! 

Anonymous
Not applicable
(Mod edit: There's no place for sexist jokes on these forums.)

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
F*** Meeee. That tested "review" is an infomercial. No respect for those guys now calling it a review.  Incredible. At least he admits that Link isn't up to scratch though.

Try this review

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020/09/review-we-do-not-recommend-the-299-oculus-quest-2-as-your-nex...

THE TAKEAWAY: BULLET POINTS FOR THIS REVIEW

A better screen, both in pixel resolution and refresh rate.

90Hz, but when? Facebook isn't clear about higher frame rate support.

More powerful wireless-VR hardware, which powers nifty under-the-hood tricks.

Less battery life. You'll barely exceed two hours of gaming on a single charge.

A cheaper, flimsier headstrap. You can pay more for a nicer one.

A baffling change to the "IPD" slider. Only certain skulls need apply.

The controllers are the same... but worse. I'm a bit shocked by this one.

The F-word. Yeah, we'll get into that.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

OmegaM4N
Expert Trustee

Oh so the Rift is dead, in the future at least. Well at least we won’t have to argue about that anymore.

I spit my coffee out when she trolled Rift S users by telling them the best way to play PCVR was with the Quest II and the link cable...that was just mean. lol
CV1/Vive-knuckles)/Dell Vr Visor/Go/Quest II/ PSVR.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well !!
I did not get the impression the Quest 1 will stop being supported any time soon which is great news although obviously you cannot really sell the Quest 1 for a higher price than the new Quest 2 so i doubt there will be any more available.
Could be a win win all round. 

nalex66
MVP
MVP

kojack said:

nalex66 said:

Huh. $80 CAD more for Quest 2 256GB than Quest 1 64GB.

Here the Quest 64GB was $649au.
The Quest 2 256GB is $639au.

I realized after the fact that the difference basically equals the sales tax that they've previously included in the price. It will be interesting to see if other retailers list it at the Oculus store prices ($459 and $629 CAD) and then add tax on top, or if they have a lower list price plus tax.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo