cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

so they made a new quest

Ronside
Explorer
but why is there nothing about a new pc headset from oculus, or have they officially abandoned pc?
9 REPLIES 9

KtulhuSlurpee
Honored Guest
The Rift and Rift S are being discontinued in 2021. Ocu- I mean Facebook is stepping away from PCVR entirely
Getting a G2 and never looking back lmao

Ronside
Explorer
wow that is ridiculous, guess they dont care about it being a gaming product cause from what ive sen people saying the link cable does not make it the same as the rift s. i was going to go with what ever there next pc headset was but now i guess ill look into selling my rift s to get the reverb when its out.

Nunyabinez
Rising Star
The next PC HDM is the Quest 2. It will work and look better than Rift (allegedly). We need to see how link works with this new headset. The issues that affected link and Quest 1 may be totally gone with the Quest 2. 

I would wait to see how the Quest 2 performs as a PCVR headset before running to a different company, but people can obviously do what they want.

i7 8700, 16GB, RTX 2080 TI, Rift CV1 | i5 4690K, 16GB, GTX 1660 TI, Rift CV1 | Quest | Quest 2

Nunyabinez
Rising Star

The Rift and Rift S are being discontinued in 2021. Ocu- I mean Facebook is stepping away from PCVR entirely
Getting a G2 and never looking back lmao

So you created an account here just to spread FUD, make false statements and declare that you were purchasing another product?

I never have been able to understand people who go somewhere online just to crap on someone else's preferences.

Enjoy your G2.

i7 8700, 16GB, RTX 2080 TI, Rift CV1 | i5 4690K, 16GB, GTX 1660 TI, Rift CV1 | Quest | Quest 2

dhrto
Expert Protege
Yups, another company that went down the drain after being purchased by another... now it's official. 
Anyway the Rift CV1 lasted me almost 4,5 years now, so no complaints there. I had hoped to see another high end contender from Oculus Facebook, something to compete with the Index, but alas. Wouldn't have minded it even if it was above the $1000 mark, as long it was good enough.

Ronside
Explorer
thye said there not doing another pc only headset, i got my rift s in july now i regret buying it since it will not be worked on anymore. it also funny they call it the next level of gaming and that it has next gen graphics. did they manage to squeeze a rtx or something in there claiming that, no.

Digikid1
Consultant
and with that title....this belongs in the QUEST section....not the Rift section.

Oh.. @DaftnDirect could you ever so kindly move this to the correct section for us?  Thanks dude.

Digikid1 said:

and with that title....this belongs in the QUEST section....not the Rift section.

Oh.. @DaftnDirect could you ever so kindly move this to the correct section for us?  Thanks dude.

done ?,  now the Quest 2 and Quest section!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think that non-Pc-dependent headsets are just more futureproof.