New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Two questions about keyboard and cell phone

First question.  I have watched the connect presentation but can't find a definitive answer to may question.  When Quest 2 is released will it have AR that will let me use my physical keyboard to type on with all my fingers...like if I was just doing it off a pc screen.

Second question.  Is the Oculus 2 cell phone dependent?

Comments

• kojackkojack Posts: 6,962 Volunteer Moderator
    Assuming it continues to work the same way as the Quest and Go, you will need a phone to do the initial setup of your account onto the headset. After that it isn't required (except for special situations like turning developer mode on/off).

They did show a keyboard thing, but I have no idea when that will be available or how well it works.
    Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Oculus Forum Tool,  Phantom Touch Remover,  Forum Dark Mode,  X-Plane Fixer
    Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
    Headsets: DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest
  • GwillumThargGwillumTharg Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I agree the physical keyboard with an AR interface will be a game changer for serious usage of a PC / MAC environment in VR. Actually I just want a chrome book environment, which as it's Android based should be possible. I think face book have plans for a work VR offering.