cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't we buy quest controllers?

Photoninja
Explorer
I can't seem to find anyone explaining why replacement controllers are no longer available or when and if they ever will be? Oculus is rolling out a new Quest 2 but I cant buy replacement controllers for my four month old Quest. What is Quest 2 using for controllers? Will THEY be available to purchase? Will THEY be compatible with the OG Quest? All I want to do is buy a backup set of controllers. All I get is that they are not available. But, nothing about why or how long they will not be available. and now I just received the email from Oculus letting me know that I can pre-order the Quest 2. but replacement controllers are not listed in the accessories section. What is going on with the controller availability issue?!?!?!  Why is no one at Oculus addressing this matter? 
4 REPLIES 4

kojack
MVP
MVP
Replacement Quest controllers are available in every location except canada and us, so it's likely they have run out of stock again.

Apparently the Quest 2 controllers aren't compatible with the Quest.
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

CaryMGVR
Expert Protege
@kojack
I thought Quest 2 controllers ARE backwards compatible.

kojack
MVP
MVP

CaryMGVR said:

@kojack
I thought Quest 2 controllers ARE backwards compatible.

From RoadToVR's review:
Unfortunately Oculus has confirmed that Quest 2 controllers are not compatible with Quest or Rift S.

Same as the Rift CV1 can't use Rift-S controllers and Rift-S can't use the CV1 remote.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

CaryMGVR
Expert Protege
@kojack
Thanks for the clarification, man.
I could've sworn they WERE backwards compatible ....
Oh well, moving forward I suppose.
???