cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which version of Quest 2 did you preorder or Not ordering (PCVR)?

twisteklabs
Heroic Explorer
Did you pre-order Quest 2 yet? Which version did you pre-order?

The adjustable IPD confirmation in the FB Connect was sufficient for me to pre-order the 256GB version of Quest 2.
CPU: Intel i5-4690K Mobo: ASUS Z97-AR Ram: 8GB 1600MHz Graphics Card: EVGA GTX 1080 SC
35 REPLIES 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not having a software IPD adjustment AND the toggle switch is a pain in the arse. My IPD is 64mm, and that's the average. No idea why they decided on 63mm. Very odd.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
I'll just stick with my Quest 1 and Rift cv1 for now.  If FB VR actually comes out with a decent PCVR hybrid (Quest 3?) I may consider this.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

PhoenixSpyder
Rising Star
I'll consider the Quest 2 later on when the dust has settled. No need for it for now since I have the G2 on pre-order and just purchased the EOL Rift S 😛 as a needed replacement to feed my ASW addiction... 😉

i7 8700k; 5ghz (water cooled), Asus Rog Strix Z370-E Gaming, Corsair 270R case, EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra, 32 GB Corsair Veng DDR4 2666 Ghz, Adata SX900 SSD, 1TB M.2 SSD, Adata Su800 SSD, Adata SU650 SSD, BarraCuda 2TB HD, Toshiba 3tB HD, Rift (dead), Rift S, Win 10 Pro 2004, Inateck KT4006 USB3.0

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@twisteklabs -You might like to change the title of the thread. I wasn't going to look at it being someone who is more into PC -VR. I didn't know it was a vote about ordering an Oculus Quest, or that you didn't order one because you favour PC -VR more. Some PC -VR enthusiast won't bother to read your thread because it doesn't mention a vote or anything about a PC -VR headset in the title.

Richooal
Consultant
I don't care how many cobwebs cover me, I'm going to stubbornly sit here waiting for Rift 2. Also Quest is not for me, due to the purchase price essentially being only for a license to use the headset if I behave according to Facebook's standards.
No other manufacturer of a piece of equipment/hardware that I have purchased, (that I can think of) has the right to deny my access to it if I misbehave in their opinion.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

kojack
MVP
MVP

Sharpfish said:

You should have had an option for '+also PCVR' - I am a PCVR/High end VR enthusiast first and foremost but the quest 2 is a very cool product.

64gb Quest 2 AND Reverb G2 have both been pre-ordered here!

Same here, 256GB Quest 2 and Reverb G2 ordered yesterday.

But I'm not really excited about the Quest 2. I barely use my Quest 1, I mainly use it for my students to develop on. The Quest 2 is interesting but feels more like an obligation, and the fact I'll need to make a facebook account to use it (and that will fuck up its use in education) is off-putting.
The G2 has me more excited, but the controllers and possibly worse tracking than Rift-S (which is already worse than my CV1 setup) are damping the enthusiasm there too.
Back when the Rift CV1 was announced, the only downside was increased price. Everything else sounded great. I miss that kind of release, where you didn't have to weigh the pros and cons besides cost.

The one headset device I'm still really excited for is the Tilt Five. That sounds damn interesting (I backed the kickstarter). It's AR, not VR, but I can't wait to start developing for it.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

HaselHoof
Adventurer

Zenbane said:

mmm I'm going to be awkward and say i think i have enough details, i just need more time to decide.

I am waiting for more reviews about the weight and comfort first though. That is the only drawback of Quest; the excess weight.

Doesnt the Quest feel much lighter than the rift ? or only slightly , my Cv1 is heavy and i only play seated  , from memory the Quest 2 is only about 20g lighter than the Q1> But then purchase the elite strap and the weight changes again add battery pack ........

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

HaselHoof said:

Zenbane said:

mmm I'm going to be awkward and say i think i have enough details, i just need more time to decide.

I am waiting for more reviews about the weight and comfort first though. That is the only drawback of Quest; the excess weight.

Doesnt the Quest feel much lighter than the rift ? or only slightly , my Cv1 is heavy and i only play seated  , from memory the Quest 2 is only about 20g lighter than the Q1> But then purchase the elite strap and the weight changes again add battery pack ........

My Rift cv1 is much lighter than my Quest 1, and much more comfortable imho.  I doubt that this would be different with Quest 2.  Mainly because of Quest’s internal battery.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

HaselHoof said:

Zenbane said:

It's been a long time since I've worn my CV1 but the Quest is heavier than the Rift-S. The problem though is really the combination of the weight and the balance of that weight. The battery, processing, cooling is all within the headset, in front of you. It means that the strap has to be tighter to keep it secure and the facial foam is harder to cope with the compression caused by the tighter strap.

As well as being lighter, the halo strap on the Rift-S removes the pressure from your face completely by having it grip more on your forehead, as a hat/cap would so for most that makes it considerably more comfortable.

But for a comparisons between Quest and CV1, the straps are very similar and it's mostly about the balance and needing the straps to be tighter to cope.

If the Quest 2 is 10% lighter, maybe that translates to a greater than 10% less tighter strap, adding up to noticeable difference. There's also the option of the Elite strap which caries an additional battery at the back to balance things up a bit. It doesn't appear to be the same as the Rift-S halo though as it still seems to pull the headset against your face.

I think I need to hear some trusted reviews before the Quest-2 replaces my Rift-S. Comfort for me and many others who enjoy long session PCVR is a big deal.

I may be tempted to replace my Quest with a Quest 2 anyway, for the improvements it's bringing to untethered VR but at the moment I'm in wait and see mode.

lensmandave
Superstar
PCVR enthusiast but I ordered one anyway. 90% more pixels than my Rift s at a price I couldn't refuse. It will be fun trying a wireless experience and I'm excited to see what the devs do with this over the next year 🙂
Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB - Nvidia RTX 3080 ti - 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.