cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which version of Quest 2 did you preorder or Not ordering (PCVR)?

twisteklabs
Heroic Explorer
Did you pre-order Quest 2 yet? Which version did you pre-order?

The adjustable IPD confirmation in the FB Connect was sufficient for me to pre-order the 256GB version of Quest 2.
CPU: Intel i5-4690K Mobo: ASUS Z97-AR Ram: 8GB 1600MHz Graphics Card: EVGA GTX 1080 SC
35 REPLIES 35

kojack
MVP
MVP

HaselHoof said:

Zenbane said:

mmm I'm going to be awkward and say i think i have enough details, i just need more time to decide.

I am waiting for more reviews about the weight and comfort first though. That is the only drawback of Quest; the excess weight.

Doesnt the Quest feel much lighter than the rift ? or only slightly , my Cv1 is heavy and i only play seated  , from memory the Quest 2 is only about 20g lighter than the Q1> But then purchase the elite strap and the weight changes again add battery pack ........

CV1: 470g
Rift-S: 560g
Quest: 571g
Quest 2: 503g

But the CV1 and Rift-S have good weight distribution. The Quest has poor weight distribution and the Quest 2 with default strap is the worse of the bunch.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

HaselHoof
Adventurer
Wow thanks for the answers and i must admit i didnt look at the weight , i assumed the quest was lighter , im not sure why maybe because it wasnt tethered to a Pc ...... Oh well i bought 2 of them with the elite head strap looks like i may need the battery pack to even the weight out.

Antonyvw
Protege
I currently have the Rift-s. Once it become unusable I will look elsewhere. There are wireless options on the market (Vive for instance), so I may go that way. But I like the ability of tapping into my Pc's power.

Anonymous
Not applicable

PCVR enthusiast but I ordered one anyway. 90% more pixels than my Rift s at a price I couldn't refuse. It will be fun trying a wireless experience and I'm excited to see what the devs do with this over the next year 🙂

Yes I can see a PC-VR enthusiast getting the new Quest 2 especially for using it wireless and hopefully improvements will be made moving forward on that. I might have even considered getting one but this new Facebook requirement is just too much for me.  With the FB tie in, we are the product and that somehow just does not sit well with me.
But if this helps grow the VR industry I am all for it, just my interests lie in a different area of VR than this.

MadMax1998
Adventurer
One option not given on the poll: cannot preorder since "not available" on Oculus' website!

twisteklabs
Heroic Explorer

One option not given on the poll: cannot preorder since "not available" on Oculus' website!

Are you from Germany? Sorry to hear that you can not pre-order Quest 2.
CPU: Intel i5-4690K Mobo: ASUS Z97-AR Ram: 8GB 1600MHz Graphics Card: EVGA GTX 1080 SC

MadMax1998
Adventurer
Yeah, I just saw that amazon.fr lists the Quest 2 for pre-order but amazon.de does not. That's BS; I know that Germany is in talks with Facebook over their account policy (which I approve of) but if it means the Quest 2 won't be launched on 13/10 here I'll be pretty pissed.

Luciferous
Consultant
Well I went for a G2 but I guess I could also be in the waiting for Quest 3 camp also.

I am hoping for a Quantum processor and then I can dump my PC 🙂

Calimero_Oeuf
Expert Protege
Ordered Quest 2 but keep my precious CV1

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Might have considered one if it had oled and proper sound. I'm fully convinced that Index by far is the king of lcd hmds, I do not need another and inferior lcd hmd.

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"