cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Delete-Oculus] "Facebook Connect" 2020 - BINGO!

kevinw729
Honored Visionary

Edit - Wow, what a change a few months can have - with the August news we have had to make some edits to the Bingo card, the "Additional Categories" can be found at the bottom!

For
those new to this, we have held a bingo game covering Oculus Connect event
announcements for the last few years. The rules are simple. Guess which of the
announcements, omissions and surprises take place during the event, to win Big
Prizes(*)

- During Oculus Facebook Connect 7:

1. Oculus will announce a new low-price Quest [10,000-points]

2. Oculus will announce a new high-performance Quest [5,000-points]

3. Oculus will announce partnering with Microsoft (again) [20,000-points]

4. Oculus will reveal Half Dome 4 and claim it will be made [2,000-points]

5. No mention of Lenovo will be made [10,000-points]

6. No mention of Rift-S will be made [5,000-points]

7. Carmack will host his developers talk [2,000-points] *or he will not [10,000-points]

8. Oculus will announce a Rift-S upgrade [10,000-points]

9. Oculus will announce
a new software acquisition [5,000-points]

10. Oculus live feed to the event will crash! [10,000-points]

- ADDITIONAL - During Oculus Facebook Connect 7:

11. Facebook shows the new MR headset on stage [10,000-points]

12. Facebook announces a reversal to the mandatory Logon on Oculus!  [100,000-points]

13. Facebook announces the Oculus operation is now only a brand  [5,000-points]

14. All the old founders of Oculus are invited up on Stage with MarkZ  [100,000,000,000-points]

15. Horizon crashes during Facebook Connect  [10,000-points] *(different to the Live feed)

Calculate your points, to see if you win!

(Please also propose additional scenarios to add to the list)

* = Big Prizes cannot be redeemed for actual items, but are only bragging
rights. Adjudicators [OP] verdict is final on all decisions.

https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959
128 REPLIES 128

kevinw729
Honored Visionary
jdm6267dnn3i.png
https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959

HaselHoof
Adventurer

Zenbane said:

K.

1jkuzlhnmviy.jpg

Heman sells house ......There's a new forum Champion Skeletor now with the power of grayskull ......

kevinw729
Honored Visionary
zl6bjo3m9tx2.png

[so sorry @HaselHoof - not for sale 🙂 ]

Anonymous
Not applicable

Zenbane said:

dburne said:
All I have ever done is re-act to your toxicity.

No, no. You're the on putting a negative spin on everything in order to claim that Oculus is killing off the Rift. Even when Oculus releases an official blog specifically stating that they are "doubling down on the Rift," you will still argue against it and insult me for acknowledging the positivity in their statement.

You're toxic. And I merely extinguish your toxicity. Keep in mind that I address your toxicity by staying on course with the issue at hand: VR. Whereas you always respond to my issue-specific posts by abandoning the issue and attacking me personally. That is the very essence of toxicity.

Turn out that wasnt true:) oops. Guess we can see the real toxicity of calling other toxic going on:)

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Lets not be bringing any nonsense up with the new start, thanks.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

kevinw729
Honored Visionary

jeehrz9er6n1.png
What a momentous event last week, and the reality of the situation came to pass. Though much was still left un-defined, there has been enough settling to allow us to make some basic observations and address those scores:

- During  Facebook Connect 7:

1. Oculus will announce a new low-price Quest [10,000-points]
-Reality: Well we had the Quest 2 reveal at the lowest $299 price (as well as at a $399 sku) – so we treat this as CONFIRMED
izns3upmd3uq.png

2. Oculus will announce a new high-performance Quest [5,000-points]
-Reality: As stated the new Quest 2 incorporates that great Qualcumm XR2 chips set – so we treat that as CONFIRMED
lsa9zkq9culz.png

3. Oculus will announce partnering with Microsoft (again) [20,000-points]
-Reality: Nah, not at this time has that been revealed, while Oculus / Facebook Reality Labs working with MS on a number of software projects that may blossom in the future, so we treat that as FALSE

4. Oculus will reveal Half Dome 4 and claim it will be made [2,000-points]
-Reality: Well with the confirmation of the discontinuance of the Rift line next year, there was no obvious continuance of the Half Dome tech shown at three different Connects – not to say that its advancements will not see future iterations, at this time we treat this as FALSE

5. No mention of Lenovo will be made [10,000-points]
-Reality: There was a suspicious lack of any Lenovo mention in the build-up, announcements or after event wind down. It was announced prior to this that Lenovo was now working with Varjo on PCVR, and with the discontinuance of the Rift line this can be treated as CONFIRMED

m2apocpc8c4b.png

6. No mention of Rift-S will be made [5,000-points]
-Reality: As stated previously it was revealed that the Rift-S range (and the Rift) in general is to be discontinued commencing from next year, so we treat that as CONFIRMED

ngv525jfqepb.png

7. Carmack will host his developers talk [2,000-points] *or he will not [10,000-points]
-Reality:  He did– it was great, and as always informative, even if it did over run and get continued in Horizon, a great video of which can be found here, so we treat that as CONFIRMED

hqkkwgsdcwad.png

8. Oculus will announce a Rift-S upgrade [10,000-points]
-Reality: Sadly, with the confirmation of its discontinuance – there seems to be only a focus on Standalone for the foreseeable future, so no up-grades for this discontinued line, so we treat that as FALSE

9. Oculus will announce a new software acquisition [5,000-points]
-Reality: While a slew of great new projects where revealed, no acquisitions of new studios were announced during connect so we treat this a FALE

10. Oculus live feed to the event will crash! [10,000-points]
-Reality: I had a number of posters claim in the Oculus Facebook discussions afterwards that Australia and some other areas saw a patchy connection to the feed but I did not get confirmation so treat this as FALSE (if other have more information I will reconsider)

11. Facebook shows the new MR headset on stage [10,000-points]
-Reality: This is an interesting one, Facebook did shown the Project Aria and reveal the new deal with Ray-Bands, so we treat that as CONFIRMED (though will follow more details)
ztx3q8fdoe4g.png

12. Facebook announces a reversal to the mandatory Logon on Oculus!  [100,000-points]
-Reality: Sadly, though much promoted in the live feeds we watched and comments on the forum, no change to this October commencing elements, so we treat that as FALSE

13. Facebook announces the Oculus operation is now only a brand [5,000-points]
-Reality: Highly speculated following the rebranding of Connect to “Facebook Connect 2020”, and the gathering if all the studios under the Facebook Reality Labs – the Oculus range still remains as is (for now), so we treat this as FALSE

14. All the old founders of Oculus are invited up on Stage with MarkZ [100,000,000,000-points]
-Reality: Ha ha, ha, a little laugh in a changing landscape, but that was always going to be FALSE

15. Horizon crashes during Facebook Connect [10,000-points] *(different to the Live feed)
-Reality: As with the Live Feed, some people claimed hiccups but seemed stable to the rest of us, so we will treat this last one as FALSE

So, a possible total of 42,000 up-for-grabs – who feels they have won the bragging rights?
Calculate your scores and post.

There you have it. The last Oculus Connect Bingo – what an interesting six years, lets see what happens with next years Bingo... if anything!

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Not me, I got a measly 15,000 points. I did only choose 3 answers though, so two out of three ain't bad as Meat Loaf would say 😄

OmegaM4N
Expert Trustee
^^Ok just delete your account for that ML reference. lol
CV1/Vive-knuckles)/Dell Vr Visor/Go/Quest II/ PSVR.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Don't let your Meat Loaf. Ah ha ha.

Frank Zappa was AWESOME 😄

Did I win? Where's my prize?

By my reckoning, and seeing as the organiser of this is too fucking lazy to count everything up, I got 92,856,437 points and I've won. 😄 😄 😄

I am now the King Of The Forums, all kneel down and praise me!!!!