cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats happened to Lone Echo 2?

Antonyvw
Protege
As the title says what has happened to Lone Echo 2? I havent seen any info since they said it was delayed till this year. But we are now in 3rd quarter and still no new news since telling us delays due to Covid-19. Is it still happening? When are we likely to see it?
27 REPLIES 27

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
The best anyone knows is 2020.  When in 2020 we do no know.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Antonyvw
Protege

TomCgcmfc said:

I am wondering if it will launch with quest 2 and not actually be available for anything else?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Or will Oculus open it up to Steam as well like they have done with Medal of Honor.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Antonyvw said:

TomCgcmfc said:

I am wondering if it will launch with quest 2 and not actually be available for anything else?

No, then Oculus would surely have mentioned it by now. Lone Echo has less than 5,000 ratings in the store indicating that the game sold much less than many might have hoped for. Surely it will never be an exclusive game for Quest 2, I'm fully convinced that most Quest 2 owners do not have rigs capable of running Lone Echo 2. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

KNP54
Heroic Explorer
They mentioned Lone Echo 2 in the Developer super session... Just the name, and that's it...
Specs: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X, Deepcool Castle EX 360, 32GB Corsair Dominator RGB 3600MHz, Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming, Asus ROG Strix 3080ti, Corsair HX1000, Western Digital SN850 M.2 NVMe 2TB, Samgung 850 EVO 500GB & 840 EVO 500GB in raid0, Seagate Ironwolf 10TB, Corsair 4000D Airflow, Acer Predator X34 3440x1440 @ 100Hz, Acer V287K 3840x2160@ 60Hz, Oculus Rift S, Oculus Quest 2 256GB.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Since Lone Echo 2 was built to take full advantage of the Rift for high-end PCVR, I think we can safely assume that it will still get released but won't get too much advertising from Facebook or Oculus. The reason being that they are now pushing Quest and All-in-One PCVR as their primary, and only, platform. Lone Echo 2 doesn't really fall in line with this strategy since Lone Echo 2 screams, "Hey, here is something the Rift can do better than Quest!"

Any final projects that are better suited for Rift will probably get "silent releases" as they continue down their new path.

As Rune pointed out above, Lone Echo part 1 didn't sell very well despite being one of the most amazing AAA experiences available for high-end PCVR. The consumer market is just too small; hence the reason Facebook is pushing for the lower end Quest market.

Lone Echo 2 will arrive. It just won't get a big push since it is catered to Rift.

Antonyvw
Protege

Zenbane said:

Since Lone Echo 2 was built to take full advantage of the Rift for high-end PCVR, I think we can safely assume that it will still get released but won't get too much advertising from Facebook or Oculus. The reason being that they are now pushing Quest and All-in-One PCVR as their primary, and only, platform. Lone Echo 2 doesn't really fall in line with this strategy since Lone Echo 2 screams, "Hey, here is something the Rift can do better than Quest!"

Any final projects that are better suited for Rift will probably get "silent releases" as they continue down their new path.

As Rune pointed out above, Lone Echo part 1 didn't sell very well despite being one of the most amazing AAA experiences available for high-end PCVR. The consumer market is just too small; hence the reason Facebook is pushing for the lower end Quest market.

Lone Echo 2 will arrive. It just won't get a big push since it is catered to Rift.

Its such a shame. Ive played the Lone Echo through several time and enjoyed it every time. I  had/have high hopes for it, but the longer they delay it the more I am beginning to wonder why they cant see that they have already spent money on its development, that they cant give it the launch it deserves. 

ShocksVR
Superstar

Antonyvw said:

TomCgcmfc said:

During the Connect 7 Keynote they mentioned Lone Echo 2 as a 'PC VR' game.  If it was coming to Quest 2 as a native standalone game, I would think they would have outright stated that if it was coming to both Quest 2 and PCVR.

If I had to take a guess, I bet Ready at Dawn was encouraged to pivot towards releasing EchoVR for the Quest ASAP.  The Quest port of EchoVR was initially delayed; thus Lone Echo 2 was probably thrown on the back burner.
i7-7700k, Zotac RTX 3080 AMP Holo (10G), QuestPro, Quest 2
Previous: Oculus GO, Oculus RIFT - 3 sensor Room-scale, Oculus Rift S

Luciferous
Consultant
Not sure you can base success on the reviews though for Lone Echo 1 maybe the PC master race are just lazy buggers. I never post reviews.