cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This forum and your moderators. Please read.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Good day all.

Ok this post is aimed at all posters and forum members new and old...we have decided between ourselves that the forum has become a very toxic and disruptive place to visit. We have had enough of the negative posts and trolling which has increased to a very unpleasant level. Personal attacks, snide comments, silly jibes  posts abusing Oculus/Facebook and immature posting has gone too far in our opinion.
I would usually never name users but @Zenbane and @kevinw729 to name but a few are prime examples of some disruption that we are witnessing. We don't aim to gag people but enough is enough. Toxicity and name calling and thread disruption will now be met with jail time on the forum without warning. 

We and I'm sure many users here, have had enough of this pointless nonsense and it will not be tolerated. If issues continue to deteriorate then matters will be looked at for consideration for a permanent forum ban. This comes from your tired and weary volunteer moderators. We will read any concerns via pm but will not entertain harassment or bullying via the message system.

Please read this, understand what we are saying and do your best to comply.

Any problems or concerns or you think this message is unfair then please have a good read of the forum rules which ARE from Oculus that we are trying to enforce.

Lets make this a happy and informative forum again with good discussions, so let's keep it civil.

Thank you.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

65 REPLIES 65

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Open for comments and feedback. 
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Personally im a Moderator on 2 forums and 4 discord channels and would not have been so generous with your warnings. Usually for me its just the one then gone especially if you get a sarcastic response.
🙂  

Historically this has been a super lenient forum and we've carried on that tradition, reserving bans for only the most blatant spamming, trolling and offensive behaviour. It's possible that we've been too lenient.

There's a fine line between enthusiasm and disruptive over-enthusiasm.
Equally, there's a fine line between criticism and trolling if there are elements of baiting involved.

If we have to be more strict, and that seems to be the case, well, lets just say it's not a cause for celebration.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Wow, 3 of my best forum buddies are now in jail.  Bread, water, and only 1 bar of soap.  Snowie, I don’t like your chances mate, lol!

Actually a good way to drive the point home though imho.  Hopefully with good behavior they’ll be released soon.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I do believe that this is the first time in this forum's history that 3 people have been in jail at the exact same time. I sure hope you have enough food to feed everyone!

Jokes aside. I agree with everything said in both Techy's and DnD's posts.

EDIT: Keeping this short and sweet.

Onwards and upwards! Peace and love, folks  ❤️

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh Jail ... Thats a cool idea. We dont have that.
Exactly what does that do 

TheGreenYoutube
Protege
Damn yall put they asses in lockup

Digikid1
Consultant
Just be CAREFUL though.  I have seen way too many mods in lots of forums get "Power Crazy" and start banning for the dumbest of reasons then try to hide behind "rules".

I respect the mods of this forum...don't get me wrong.  I hope that you understand what I mean.

Digikid1
Consultant

Oh Jail ... Thats a cool idea. We dont have that.
Exactly what does that do 

Yeah I am curious as well.