cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This forum and your moderators. Please read.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Good day all.

Ok this post is aimed at all posters and forum members new and old...we have decided between ourselves that the forum has become a very toxic and disruptive place to visit. We have had enough of the negative posts and trolling which has increased to a very unpleasant level. Personal attacks, snide comments, silly jibes  posts abusing Oculus/Facebook and immature posting has gone too far in our opinion.
I would usually never name users but @Zenbane and @kevinw729 to name but a few are prime examples of some disruption that we are witnessing. We don't aim to gag people but enough is enough. Toxicity and name calling and thread disruption will now be met with jail time on the forum without warning. 

We and I'm sure many users here, have had enough of this pointless nonsense and it will not be tolerated. If issues continue to deteriorate then matters will be looked at for consideration for a permanent forum ban. This comes from your tired and weary volunteer moderators. We will read any concerns via pm but will not entertain harassment or bullying via the message system.

Please read this, understand what we are saying and do your best to comply.

Any problems or concerns or you think this message is unfair then please have a good read of the forum rules which ARE from Oculus that we are trying to enforce.

Lets make this a happy and informative forum again with good discussions, so let's keep it civil.

Thank you.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

65 REPLIES 65

Techy111
MVP
MVP

Digikid1 said:

Just be CAREFUL though.  I have seen way too many mods in lots of forums get "Power Crazy" and start banning for the dumbest of reasons then try to hide behind "rules".

I respect the mods of this forum...don't get me wrong.  I hope that you understand what I mean.

After 4 years thats not gonna happen...
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Nunyabinez
Rising Star
I am happy to see this. Though I have what I think are valid criticism of Facebook, their policies and some of their decisions, I have never understood the mentality of coming to what is an enthusiast site to simply bash other people and their chosen product/platform/company.

I can understand that people were frustrated about the latest decisions and want to vent, and I don't mind that, but once you are out, you should just go post in the forum of your new headset and let us enjoy ours. That doesn't mean we can't post issues, or express concerns here, but there is a difference between constructive and supportive criticism and attacks.

However, I am equally irritated by unmitigated fanboi post or apologists who make unreasonable defense of indefensible actions. Again, thank you for taking a stand. I hope to stay out of jail myself.

i7 8700, 16GB, RTX 2080 TI, Rift CV1 | i5 4690K, 16GB, GTX 1660 TI, Rift CV1 | Quest | Quest 2

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Digikid1 said:

Oh Jail ... Thats a cool idea. We dont have that.
Exactly what does that do 

Yeah I am curious as well.

It's supposed to hide my signature. Not sure if anyone can see it or not. I also cannot start new threads. Although I haven't tested this out yet. And I am limited on how many responses I can give to existing threads. I did notice this one in effect when I try to make two posts in a short time-frame.

But probably the biggest feature of these lovely bars is... any breaking of the rules while in jail is pretty much an insta-ban.

Nunyabinez said:
 I hope to stay out of jail myself.

Don't be shy! Come on in. Plenty of room for ya  ❤️

nalex66
MVP
MVP

Zenbane said:

It's supposed to hide my signature. Not sure if anyone can see it or not. I also cannot start new threads. Although I haven't tested this out yet. And I am limited on how many responses I can give to existing threads. I did notice this one in effect when I try to make two posts in a short time-frame.

But probably the biggest feature of these lovely bars is... any breaking of the rules while in jail is pretty much an insta-ban.

Yeah, your sig is not showing (I didn't know about that one).

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

nalex66 said:

Yeah, your sig is not showing (I didn't know about that one).

Me either.
Makes sense, I guess it's a way to stop someone sneaky from bypassing the comment count limit (sort of), just by constantly changing their sig.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Zenbane said:

It's supposed to hide my signature. 

I can see your real sig behind the bars ... LMAO ...Sorry but it does look funny when i click it 
🙂

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Zenbane said:

It's supposed to hide my signature. 

I can see your real sig behind the bars ... LMAO ...Sorry but it does look funny when i click it 
🙂

hah! It's just a little fun I was having with the Jail Bars. It is my way of saying "no hard feelings" to the community and Mods. I respect the need for rules and civility, but I also don't take myself so seriously that I can't have a laugh at my own expense.
 🙂 

vannagirl
Consultant

Yes well i become pretty tired with being told how much my choice
of hmd company sucked and feeling unwelcome here i literally could rant
for hours over some of the stuff said but i prefer to keep some positive
energy in my life.

I get free
speech i really really do, it has formed an aspect of my career,  but there is a line eventually,

this is suppose to be for
oculus customers to talk over our choice of hmd, no? not feel im
somewhow shilling for a company constantly and put off from contributing here.

Personally i feel they should just in future fight it out in the age old tradition of

d0q9nmfv7un6.gif

In VR ofc where we can all watch and cheer for whatever side.

Thanks @Mods for the intervention.

Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

vannagirl said:

this is suppose to be for
oculus customers to talk over our choice of hmd, no? 

On that topic,

After hanging out in Discord with some cool peeps, I wanted to try setting one up for Oculus VR community members. I'm 100% new to Discord, but if anyone wants to head on over to that server (which is really for members of his community) then send me a PM and I'll drop you an invite. FYI!
 🙂 

Luciferous
Consultant
Hopefully things will calm down now Facebook have confirmed their direction, finally answering the most contentious issues.

its a new FB dawn and a good chance to start over.