Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BREAKING - Quest 2 Video Revealled!

kevinw729
Honored Visionary
Edit by mod.
Vid temporarily removed.

Just spoken with @Techy111 - and he agrees that as the video(s) are now all over the web, it can go back up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4EPMxJiJRQ&feature=share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JTgq3uoQBE&feature=share
https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959
412 REPLIES 412

kojack
MVP
MVP

kevinw729 said:

I'm not sure if its doing a local browser timezone thing wrong or something, but that's off by an hour according to the countdown on https://www.facebookconnect.com/en (3 hours 33min remaining)

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Anonymous
Not applicable

kevinw729 said:

I think we need to understand that this will be a highly curated ecosystem, and anything that could cause confusion will be addressed. For Facebook the idea of a new "non tech savvy" Quest 2 owner having a problem with their new purchase (mistakenly buying one game that does not work on their Quest 2) is not a situation that will be accepted. For the Quest 1 owners I think they will need to find a happy medium. 

They will more likely do what they did in the past and just have a recommend option - like this title was deign for Quest 2 in mind - but supports Quest 1 as optional. Simple Q2 image or something like that. They will let the devs do it so not to take responsibility for a title not being on both.

Plus at this point - why would they care  (long term here) about Quest 1 owners? Dont get be wrong as a Quest 1 owner - but their goal will be to push forward with their FB accounts - and  that means when you upgrade - you will more than likely be force to do the same with your account. Let alone, if you want the newest/replacing your device for any reason.

kevinw729
Honored Visionary

kojack said:

kevinw729 said:

I'm not sure if its doing a local browser timezone thing wrong or something, but that's off by an hour according to the countdown on https://www.facebookconnect.com/en (3 hours 33min remaining)

Yeah, as I am using a US clock App in the EU, and it thinks I am on UK Summer time its having "issues" but hey its close enough and its a free app 🙂
https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959

Luciferous
Consultant
Is somebody going to start a Facebook Connect 7 post? 

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Is somebody going to start a Facebook Connect 7 post? 

hmm, yeah. probably a good idea lol

ShocksVR
Superstar

Calibos said:

I predicted the XR2 and Res correctly and posted my thoughts before the Big leak. I also predicted an Official Oculus DAS (Deluxe Audio Strap). The reduced weight and size of the Quest 2 makes the fabric strap viable for casual Standalone use, makes it more baggable for transport than the Rigid strap of the Q1 and most importantly is partly responsible for the headline grabbing and enticing $299 base price. However, Oculus are well aware of all the Franken-Quests and Franken-Rifts using the Vive DAS that gifted HTC Revenue.

Mark my words, Oculus will announce a PCVR DAS for Quest 2. There will be an integrated extra battery in it if my intuition about the Code snippet that mentions, "Extra Battery Connected" is correct. Both Enthusiast Standalone and PCVR Quest 2 users will be initially enticed by the $299 base price, both enticed by premium Audio from an (high margin) Official Oculus DAS, standalone users enticed by longer gaming sessions enabled by the integrated battery in the DAS and PCVR users enticed because that battery is really there to help power the headset fully when in Wireless PCVR mode.

Looks like you're partially correct.  An Amazon listing was just posted on reddit, looks like the Quest 2 is getting a premium comfort strap addon. Doesn't look like it includes premium audio, nor a battery addon. But it did take some inspiration from the Vive DAS and Rift S halo.

i7-7700k, Zotac RTX 3080 AMP Holo (10G), QuestPro, Quest 2
Previous: Oculus GO, Oculus RIFT - 3 sensor Room-scale, Oculus Rift S

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

ShocksVR said:

Calibos said:

I predicted the XR2 and Res correctly and posted my thoughts before the Big leak. I also predicted an Official Oculus DAS (Deluxe Audio Strap). The reduced weight and size of the Quest 2 makes the fabric strap viable for casual Standalone use, makes it more baggable for transport than the Rigid strap of the Q1 and most importantly is partly responsible for the headline grabbing and enticing $299 base price. However, Oculus are well aware of all the Franken-Quests and Franken-Rifts using the Vive DAS that gifted HTC Revenue.

Mark my words, Oculus will announce a PCVR DAS for Quest 2. There will be an integrated extra battery in it if my intuition about the Code snippet that mentions, "Extra Battery Connected" is correct. Both Enthusiast Standalone and PCVR Quest 2 users will be initially enticed by the $299 base price, both enticed by premium Audio from an (high margin) Official Oculus DAS, standalone users enticed by longer gaming sessions enabled by the integrated battery in the DAS and PCVR users enticed because that battery is really there to help power the headset fully when in Wireless PCVR mode.

Looks like you're partially correct.  An Amazon listing was just posted on reddit, looks like the Quest 2 is getting a premium comfort strap addon. Doesn't look like it includes premium audio, nor a battery addon. But it did take some inspiration from the Vive DAS and Rift S halo.

Note that the Elite Strap with battery, which does look cool, does not work with Link:

6b099aodc9gm.jpg

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

inovator
Consultant

RuneSR2 said:

ShocksVR said:

Calibos said:

Note that the Elite Strap with battery, which does look cool, does not work with Link:

6b099aodc9gm.jpg

The link plugs into the area you plug in with the charger that you see in the image. How would it not work with the link?  All the reviewers use the elite and have used the link. 

Richooal
Consultant

inovator said:

The link plugs into the area you plug in with the charger that you see in the image. How would it not work with the link?  All the reviewers use the elite and have used the link. 

Because the extra battery plugs into the same hole as link? (Quest 2 Elite Strap with Battery)

I'm not on a Quest, but I thought that the link cable charged the headset while in use, so you wouldn't need an extra battery.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

inovator
Consultant

Richooal said:

inovator said:

Because the extra battery plugs into the same hole as link? (Quest 2 Elite Strap with Battery)

I'm not on a Quest, but I thought that the link cable charged the headset while in use, so you wouldn't need an extra battery.

When you use the link cable you unplug the battery. When you do the standalone without the pc you plug the battery in. I heard that on a video.