New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Do store discounts normally carry over to quest later ?

Im talking "Red Matter"  Discounted from £18:99 to £11:99 but not for the Quest.... Yet anyway.
I realise i could still use link but its just not the same if there is a quest version available.
Just wondering if its a common thing for this to carry over later ?

Best Answer

Answers

• synchromesh62synchromesh62 Posts: 325
    Trinity
    @nalex66
    Thanks for the response. I will hold out a little longer as i made this mistake with Bridge Crew. I finally gave in and bought it to find it 65% off a few days later. That's life and the luck of the draw but seeing it discounted for the Rift i just wondered.
    :)
    Trinity
    Red Matter 20% off today so purchased ... Happy i held out just that little longer.
  • kojackkojack Posts: 6,946 Volunteer Moderator
    Red Matter 20% off today so purchased ... Happy i held out just that little longer.
    Strange, for me it's currently 36% off for Rift and 29% off for Quest.

Both Steam and Humble Bundle have Red Matter $3au cheaper than the base (non sale) price on the Oculus store.
    (After years of supporting the Oculus store even if a game costs a little more, I'm now going to default to elsewhere when possible, since my PC gaming is going to move to Reverb G2)

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Oculus Forum Tool,  Phantom Touch Remover,  Forum Dark Mode,  X-Plane Fixer
    Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
    Headsets: DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest
    Trinity
    edited September 19
    @kojack
    Ye the rift is only 11:99 hence the original question. Not all games are crossbuy so the price for each headset can Vary if they want to. Of course i could have bought the rift version and used link but i prefer to install to the headset for certain games so i can play them anywhere without the need of my PC 

I did think it said 20% deal of the day but it may have been 29%