cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do store discounts normally carry over to quest later ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Im talking "Red Matter"  Discounted from £18:99 to £11:99 but not for the Quest.... Yet anyway.
I realise i could still use link but its just not the same if there is a quest version available.
Just wondering if its a common thing for this to carry over later ?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nalex66
MVP
MVP
In this case, where the two versions don't support cross-buy, and the PC version is older, it's common to see sales on just the Rift version. Even for games that do support cross-buy, they often seem to have sales on only the Rift version (like Apex Construct, which was recently on sale for Rift but not for Quest).

They really need to get their cross-buy system sorted out--it's a been mess from the start, with mismatched prices between versions, one-sided sales, and inconsistent indications on the store as to whether or not a title supports cross-buy. Not to mention the Cross-Buy section of the Quest store, which never shows up as a category on the main page, and has no navigable path to find it within the store, but can be found through a Google search. Cross-buy should be a searchable tag, and it should be clearly and consistently indicated in the game details (some titles list both platforms to indicate cross-buy, but not all do).

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

nalex66
MVP
MVP
In this case, where the two versions don't support cross-buy, and the PC version is older, it's common to see sales on just the Rift version. Even for games that do support cross-buy, they often seem to have sales on only the Rift version (like Apex Construct, which was recently on sale for Rift but not for Quest).

They really need to get their cross-buy system sorted out--it's a been mess from the start, with mismatched prices between versions, one-sided sales, and inconsistent indications on the store as to whether or not a title supports cross-buy. Not to mention the Cross-Buy section of the Quest store, which never shows up as a category on the main page, and has no navigable path to find it within the store, but can be found through a Google search. Cross-buy should be a searchable tag, and it should be clearly and consistently indicated in the game details (some titles list both platforms to indicate cross-buy, but not all do).

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Anonymous
Not applicable
@nalex66
Thanks for the response. I will hold out a little longer as i made this mistake with Bridge Crew. I finally gave in and bought it to find it 65% off a few days later. That's life and the luck of the draw but seeing it discounted for the Rift i just wondered.
🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
Red Matter 20% off today so purchased ... Happy i held out just that little longer.
🙂

kojack
MVP
MVP

Red Matter 20% off today so purchased ... Happy i held out just that little longer.
🙂

Strange, for me it's currently 36% off for Rift and 29% off for Quest.

Both Steam and Humble Bundle have Red Matter $3au cheaper than the base (non sale) price on the Oculus store.
(After years of supporting the Oculus store even if a game costs a little more, I'm now going to default to elsewhere when possible, since my PC gaming is going to move to Reverb G2)

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Anonymous
Not applicable
@kojack
Ye the rift is only 11:99 hence the original question. Not all games are crossbuy so the price for each headset can Vary if they want to. Of course i could have bought the rift version and used link but i prefer to install to the headset for certain games so i can play them anywhere without the need of my PC 

I did think it said 20% deal of the day but it may have been 29%