Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BREAKING - Quest 2 Video Revealled!

kevinw729
Honored Visionary
Edit by mod.
Vid temporarily removed.

Just spoken with @Techy111 - and he agrees that as the video(s) are now all over the web, it can go back up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4EPMxJiJRQ&feature=share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JTgq3uoQBE&feature=share
https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959
412 REPLIES 412

inovator
Consultant

RuneSR2 said:

Also for those who have been enjoying only oled previously - there might be this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/ivsex2/anyone_know_how_quest_2_compares_in_terms_of/

I think reviewers didnt mention it because the average person probably doesn't see it. 

kevinw729
Honored Visionary
Interesting article about the reality of the pricing of the new hardware:

https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959

OmegaM4N
Expert Trustee
^^^As my insane secondary school maths teacher was found of saying as he brought the belt down on whack number 4 of 6, "you get what you pay for". lol
CV1/Vive-knuckles)/Dell Vr Visor/Go/Quest II/ PSVR.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah Quest 2 is not the product, consumers who purchase it are.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Not sure how it's any different than buying a computer or a car or a home or a pet dog/cat.

The purchase price isn't the total cost of ownership. You still need to pay for the energy to run it (electricity, gasoline, food). There is cost with maintenance and upkeep. Insurance. Extended warranty. 

The difference between "purchase price" vs "cost of ownership" has been mainstream for some time now.

When I bought my new Alienware laptop this year, I spent an additional $500 on extended warranty and insurance to cover accidents, theft, damage, etc.

This is all fairly standard stuff imo.

I agree that consumers are a product, but that applies to all purchases on the market; not just the Quest. The best example is... a bank account. If someone has a bank account, then that person is a product for that bank (e.g. they use your money to make money).

Employees are a product too for the company that employs them.

inovator
Consultant

Zenbane said:

Not sure how it's any different than buying a computer or a car or a home or a pet dog/cat.

The purchase price isn't the total cost of ownership. You still need to pay for the energy to run it (electricity, gasoline, food). There is cost with maintenance and upkeep. Insurance. Extended warranty. 

The difference between "purchase price" vs "cost of ownership" has been mainstream for some time now.

When I bought my new Alienware laptop this year, I spent an additional $500 on extended warranty and insurance to cover accidents, theft, damage, etc.

I agree that consumers are a product, but that applies to all purchases on the market; not just the Quest. The best example is... a bank account. If someone has a bank account, then that person is a product for that bank (e.g. they use your money to make money).

You paid all that for a warranty omg your like me in that respect. I was told that's a bad idea. The company wins most of the time so my last two tvs were replaced only months before the 4 year warranties i bought were up. I guess I made a dumb decision. I like the peace of mind.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

inovator said:

Zenbane said:

You paid all that for a warranty omg your like me in that respect. I was told that's a bad idea. The company wins most of the time so my last two tvs were replaced only months before the 4 year warranties i bought were up. I guess I made a dumb decision. I like the peace of mind.

lol - yeah, well I have a 5 year old boy running rampant around the house (thanks Covid19), and accidents have increased in 2020. My warrant covers things as blatant as spilling juice or wine all over my laptop, so I figured it was worth it.

I've had good experiences with Warranties myself; but it does depend on the company issuing it. Dell has a fairly fantastic reputation in this area. And I've won battles against organizations that tried to screw me over.

Most regions (even here in the U.S.) have some sort of Government agency that maintains oversight over these things. All you need to do is go through the proper steps to report an organization for "fraud." Once that organization receives a letter of intent from the Government, they usually just agree to fix your problem. It's cheaper to satisfy the customer than to go through all that litigation. The only caveat is that you, the consumer, need to spend time taking the proper steps to force this type of action. Merely "threatening" to take action isn't enough.

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee

nalex66 said:

JD-UK said:

Didn't take long this time:

In one of the Quest 2 review videos I watched, it was said that VR Cover was being brought on as an official Oculus partner for their facial interface replacements. I hope they get these to market quickly—I hate the foam face rings, and I use the pu leather VR Cover on both my Rift and my Quest. I already went looking for the Quest 2 VR Cover, and put myself on the mailing list to get notified when it’s available. 

I found that their cover for the Quest was a big improvement to the weight issue all on its own. Funny, though - I've always used their faceplates and -pads but the one they did for Index was less comfy (for me) than the original Valve one, so I bought the 'official' dual pack - which was also cheaper than VR Cover's one. Was surprised at that.

I also bought their strap cushion for Quest, but I couldn't actually use it because it made the headstrap way too tight and pulled the headset into my flesh so much it was actually painful.

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Yeah, my head is too big (front to back) to add any padding to the back strap too. I hope the Elite strap has enough extension to fit. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Through the lens shots are like a box of chocolates ….

zattskb455mr.png

From Tyriel Wood, SteamVR res 100% was probably used, but only Tyriel knows (at least Index gets *much* sharper using res 200% than the blurry 100%)… Still no reason to cancel G2, black/white levels (contrast and brightness) look extremely bad on the Quest 2 in this shot. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"