cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect time on Quest

Thumper15
Honored Guest
I was curious how I can change the time on my Quest home screen. I bought my Quest in a different time zone and now the time is off. Is there a way to change it to the correct time?
28 REPLIES 28

Niamasa
Honored Guest
I moved to a new state recently and it bugs me that the correct time will not display on my quest. Is there still no solution to this problem besides a factory reset?

Trance_Gemini
Explorer
[Not tried but] I presume just clicking on the clock in the home menu doesn't work, or there is no existing option in settings ...

This does raise the question of how and whether the OQ will synchronise with daylight saving time, especially as the change dates are different between countries (although I would expect local time to be linked to country of origin).

An answer maybe just to synchronise on UTC, bit it might be preferable to be able to carry one's local time between time zones.

Soistheman, love the side load work around, but one might have thought it should be possible to set the clock from the dash, rather than have to poke around under the hood.

Kaicias
Honored Guest
Has anyone heard from Oculus as to when the clock issue will be fixed (i.e: not being able to reset the time)?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Mine seems to be set to a completely different time zone. Never been right. At 10am it says 8:30pm. Ridiculous that this is even an issue. They got this thing right in so many ways, did such a marvelous job with such limited capability but simple stuff like this really takes the shine off.

Anonymous
Not applicable
When will this be fixed?  T

FrankieLGVL
Honored Guest
2 hours late on my Quest

elteru
Honored Guest
Time is correct on my device, but the archaic AM/PM system is driving me nuts. How come there is no way to change to normal 24 hour time!?!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm having the same problem. Still, I have seen NO attempt to solve this issue on the part of the Quest people. This is ridiculous!!!

UnseenLies
Honored Guest
Not sure if anyone is still watching this or having this problem but, I was having this issue changed the wifi on my phone so both phone and Oculus was connected to 5G wifi then restarted device and time was fixed.

gabylosus
Honored Guest
June 2019-  December 2020 = 19 months Is there anyone working Oculus/ Facebook. How many of your customers have went elsewhere. TIME,  how hard can it be and why doesn't anyone answer?