Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOLY S*** No Mans Sky Coming August 14th Prepare your Engines

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Can't wait.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLUDNnIXZmM

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
659 REPLIES 659

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Big update coming tomorrow, with a bunch of nice new features and improvements, and some new VR functionality: creature riding and photo mode!

Also includes the ability to upgrade your ship's class and slots, so you don't have to spend forever waiting for the perfect ship to spawn at a station. And, you can now scrap unwanted ships for cash!

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Star-lizard
Rising Star

Luciferous
Consultant
Probably a bit late but my god this game is amazing. Bit of a learning curve in the beginning which put me off at first

What with Reading the Bobiverse again and playing this game, I am in heaven ?

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Probably a bit late but my god this game is amazing. Bit of a learning curve in the beginning which put me off at first

What with Reading the Bobiverse again and playing this game, I am in heaven ?

Performance and graphics were really bad when I played it the last time - maybe like 4 months ago. Has anything improved? 

Thinking this game will be really cool, when I get a 3080 (Ti)  B)

This is the one game I'd love to play using CV1 ss 2.0 (because I'd love the SDE to fool my brain to make the low-res testures look more high-res) - unfortunately, to my knowledge there's no native Oculus driver support - and I refuse to remove the Index. 

https://steamcommunity.com/app/275850/discussions/0/1643171537290904176/?ctp=2

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Luciferous
Consultant
I have it running at 200 percent with my 2060 Super. Looks great to me. I do have much lower standards than you though runes 😉

It does however seem to crash regularly, killing my PC.

It can chug a bit depending on where I am sometimes. If I have it on 200 percent and enhanced graphics it is fine on the planet but taking off into the atmosphere it can lag a bit. I reduced it down to 150.

I am still in awe of it, it almost seems like a next generation game. How somebody creates something like this is beyond me.

DTH
Heroic Explorer
I have no problems with it at all.  Thinking of going to the index because  Oculus updates keeps me from using X Pane. tell someone fixes it.  untell Oculus brakes it again. 

Luciferous
Consultant
https://www.pcgamer.com/no-mans-sky-origin-update/?utm_content=buffer4d837&utm_medium=social&utm_sou...

Absolute cracking VR game which keeps getting better with every release.

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's now got Dune style sand worms apparently. Haven't checked it it yet though, am still busy with Skyrim VR.

Pretty crazy that they've been doing these big content updates for free. I'm almost feel guilty for installing and playing them! ??

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Yeah it's good - it's been my main VR game for a couple of months now, doing 4-5 hours every day. The update has some unfortunate bugs in VR, but nothing game breaking and I'm sure they'll sort it out before too long.

Deleted all 5 of my save games - over 500 hours worth - and started afresh. reckoned it was the safest thing to do after all the complaints of borked games and bases on reddit. I don't mind, anyway, I like the first 50-80 hours and tend to restart at that point, anyway. I got a hell of a problem with my Index controllers in this game, though. They become unresponsive after less than an hour, but not every time. Support are looking into it. It plays very well on Quest wireless, as well.

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I briefly checked out the update last night to see how my home planet had changed. Some giant twisty tree stumps tower over my base now and make it a bit hard to land my ship, and my lush red planet is now dark purple-grey. I’ve seen some impressive screenshots of the new cloud system, but unfortunately the performance in VR seemed to be a lot worse. I was getting a fair bit of hitching and stuttering, even after turning down the resolution scaling in SteamVR. Looking forward to really cranking up the settings once I have an RTX 3080. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo