cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection test was not able to start. Please try again. (1971063)

Vultiverse
Honored Guest

Quest is connected to a USB 3 port on my computer and the software recognizes that. It won't run this test however. I'm using a Dell XPS 15. I tried it on my desktop and it kinda works but the graphics card on it wont support it which is why I wanna use my laptop.

Additional Info:

Steam VR on my laptop won't recognize my Quest either. My desktop will though.

SideQuest on both computers recognize the Quest.

fb3xg99gn3ti.jpg

38 REPLIES 38

subXzeroXhero
Honored Guest
I seem to be in the same boat here. Recognizes 3.0 cable but fails to test the connection. I can get to the rift home screen in my quest but everything seems super jittery and low frame rate not to mention a bit fuzzy.

running an amd ryzen 5 3600 with a x570 mobo and XFX 5700 xt GPU so I feel like that should be enough power to work just fine. would love to see an answer to this.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys, found a solution that worked for me, my problem was specifically related to the AMD system. It was defaulting to the integrated graphics and not my 1660ti. Someone posted a solution on reddit, sorry don't have a link.

So, right click the deskTop -> display settings -> scroll down to Graphics Settings -> Choose an app to select preference -> choose classic app -> Browse -> ADD the following files -> 1) OVR Redir 2) OVR Service Launcher 3) OVR Server_x64.exe. Set them to High Performance Graphics, not integrated as they are now.

They can be found here -> C:>Program Files>Oculus>Support>Oculus-Runtime Folder

My Oculus Link works perfectly now, so pleased to get this worked out, 1660ti/4800H is a budget beast!

Anonymous
Not applicable
BTW the cable test still doesn't work for me but everything else is gold including SteamVR..

EbonKnight
Honored Guest
Can confirm the above. Fixed most problems I had by adding all relevant programs to launch with high performance, not intergrated graphics as well as adding them to the windows 10 graphics settings as high power.

Truthbringer76
Honored Guest
I have the same problem with testing speed as well. I tried all ports on motherboard. Purchased an additional USB card and tested. I also tried it on a second PC. Started with Oculus Link Cable but tried 3 other cables as well. My Quest functions fine just the speed test always fails now. I know it used to work when I first got the headset. I did recently upgrade to latest Windows 10 build. Not sure if that was issue. I have a Core i7 6700K with a Geforce 1070 card. I submitted a ticket. I have also already reinstalled software and tried it on a second PC which is Core i7 6700k and Geforce 970. Both computers do it.

P-chan_Ryoga
Honored Guest
No solution yet?

crajabli_
Honored Guest
Have the same problem here. just bought anker USB 3.0 cable. before I was able to test cable speed with the old stock one but now cannot do that right now. My specs:
Zephyrus GA502
Ryzen 7 3750H
GTX 1660 ti
Also oculus link works very kittery without any reason. it seems like this is the problem with most of the Ryzen CPUs. I would have said that my PC is not able to run VR but I can easily run Call of Duty Modern warfare with 80 FPS and other demanding games like that. and when I jump into alyx I begin getting 36 fps when the same kind of intel laptop gets smooth 70-80 fps. I think that Oculus has to optimize link for ryzen a bit better.

themyst
Protege
Have the same problem with the connection test not working, but I have a USB-C cable connected to a USB 3.1 port on my computer; SteamVR and Oculus Link both appear to work perfectly otherwise.  

Specs: Ryzen 9 3900X, RTX 2080ti, 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Win10.

Lacc
Honored Guest
Same problem here.
Few weeks ago the test worked perfectly with the USB 2.0 charging cable. Now I have the same issue, cannot run the test. However VR gaming with Link works perfectly.
It seems to me, it's something connecting with Ryzens.

My desktop PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, B450 Tomahawk Max, 16 GB RAM @3600 Mhz, GTX 1070, Win 10 (64 bit)

Dalai_J
Honored Guest
Same problem here. I guess the connection test is just broken at the moment.