cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This forum and your moderators. Please read.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Good day all.

Ok this post is aimed at all posters and forum members new and old...we have decided between ourselves that the forum has become a very toxic and disruptive place to visit. We have had enough of the negative posts and trolling which has increased to a very unpleasant level. Personal attacks, snide comments, silly jibes  posts abusing Oculus/Facebook and immature posting has gone too far in our opinion.
I would usually never name users but @Zenbane and @kevinw729 to name but a few are prime examples of some disruption that we are witnessing. We don't aim to gag people but enough is enough. Toxicity and name calling and thread disruption will now be met with jail time on the forum without warning. 

We and I'm sure many users here, have had enough of this pointless nonsense and it will not be tolerated. If issues continue to deteriorate then matters will be looked at for consideration for a permanent forum ban. This comes from your tired and weary volunteer moderators. We will read any concerns via pm but will not entertain harassment or bullying via the message system.

Please read this, understand what we are saying and do your best to comply.

Any problems or concerns or you think this message is unfair then please have a good read of the forum rules which ARE from Oculus that we are trying to enforce.

Lets make this a happy and informative forum again with good discussions, so let's keep it civil.

Thank you.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

65 REPLIES 65

Twodogsprime
Protege

vannagirl said:

Yes well i become pretty tired with being told how much my choice
of hmd company sucked and feeling unwelcome here i literally could rant
for hours over some of the stuff said but i prefer to keep some positive
energy in my life.

I get free
speech i really really do, it has formed an aspect of my career,  but there is a line eventually,

this is suppose to be for
oculus customers to talk over our choice of hmd, no? not feel im
somewhow shilling for a company constantly and put off from contributing here.

Personally i feel they should just in future fight it out in the age old tradition of

d0q9nmfv7un6.gif

In VR ofc where we can all watch and cheer for whatever side.

Thanks @Mods for the intervention.

+1 Very well said .

KingBlackpixel
Expert Protege
 This is a great decision. I never could understand the FB hate or the trolling when asking the community simple questions. So happy you're jailing toxic people and I hope they reflect on their toxicity.

I've been sucked into an argument before and it's literally pointless. 

It made me hate coming to this community for answers and asking suggestions. 
In the past, even a mod has teamed with the community to further troll. 

So I hope even the moderators are getting monitored because they are one and the same as the rest of the community.

Wishing nothing but the best and most positive outcome for these forums. 

1 CPU: Alienware M17 R4: NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 3080 16GB GDDR6, 10th Generation Intel Core(TM) i9-10980HK (8-Core, 16MB Cache, up to 5.3GHz Max Turbo Frequency)
2nd CPU: Alienware Aurora R12: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X, 11th Gen Intel Core i9 11900KF (8-Core, 16MB Cache, 3.5GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost)

Double_Shot
Adventurer

This is a great decision. I never could understand the FB hate or the trolling when asking the community simple questions. So happy you're jailing toxic people and I hope they reflect on their toxicity.

The thing that frustrates me the most is asking a simple question and then getting some self-appointed and long winded "expert" that responds with everything BUT an answer.  And then when you call them on it, they get indignant and sensitive.   But it's easy to move along.  It's frustrating but certainly not a hill to die on when it comes to interacting on forums.

The thing that frustrates me the most is asking a simple question and then getting some self-appointed and long winded "expert" that responds with everything BUT an answer.  And then when you call them on it, they get indignant and sensitive.   But it's easy to move along.  It's frustrating but certainly not a hill to die on when it comes to interacting on forums.

I believe the discussion you're talking about is where you were asking about whether there was an app to allow others to view your experience in VR.

It wasn't clear what type of experience or viewing you were talking about. Whether it was a tour of somewhere or have someone share your game experience. So people gave suggestions as to what could be done which you were dismissive of. That's bound to cause other to be dismissive of you. After explaining further, kojack replied that what you wanted couldn't be done so the suggestions of what could be done could have been useful. 

Anyway, the purpose of this thread is to explain that we'd like to see members avoid the kind of back & forth arguments that are happening too much. Bringing a disagreement from other threads into this one isn't what we had in mind.

Cavanna00
Protege

I am happy to see this. Though I have what I think are valid criticism of Facebook, their policies and some of their decisions, I have never understood the mentality of coming to what is an enthusiast site to simply bash other people and their chosen product/platform/company.

I can understand that people were frustrated about the latest decisions and want to vent, and I don't mind that, but once you are out, you should just go post in the forum of your new headset and let us enjoy ours. That doesn't mean we can't post issues, or express concerns here, but there is a difference between constructive and supportive criticism and attacks.

However, I am equally irritated by unmitigated fanboi post or apologists who make unreasonable defense of indefensible actions. Again, thank you for taking a stand. I hope to stay out of jail myself.

Exactly!! I wish I would see such well reflected posts more often.
Nothing is ever black and white. While I also am pretty weary of Facebook and a lot of it's pracitces blatant trolling and hate isn't going to change anything and only spoils the fun for everybody else.
I'm looking forward to seeing if the new apporach to moderating will change that for the better. Especially when the Quest 2 is finally out.

webhead2oo9
Honored Guest
I'm the moderator on a few of the VR subs on Reddit and it's been a pretty rough few weeks for us as well.

o7

Digikid1
Consultant
Just how long do you get put in "jail" for?  Zenbane and Snowdog have been there for a couple weeks now.....

Who is the the "Parole Officer" here???  WE DEMAND THEIR FREEDOM!!! 😄 😄

Techy111
MVP
MVP
If and only if they are good boys then the ban will end soon, pass the soap lads  o:)

Zen was jailed on the 18th, nearly 2 weeks, I think Snowy has a day left ?
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
My account says that the Jailtime ends on October 2nd. Ya'll just wait to see what is in store for October 3rd!

JK. I just wanted to sound dramatic.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Zenbane said:

My account says that the Jailtime ends on October 2nd. Ya'll just wait to see what is in store for October 3rd!

October 2nd ... Did you look at the year ... J\K 
🙂