cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I instal the Insta360 VR app in my oculus quest?

Krustacio
Honored Guest
Hi, I just bought an oculus quest and I want to connect it to my camera Insta360 EVO, but the app (Insta360 VR) appear only for Go. Should we wait for the update or is there some way to install Go apps in Quest? Thanks
29 REPLIES 29

Slartibard
Explorer

I wrote to Insta360 and they told me that Oculus rejected the Insta 360 App on the Quest Store.

I’ve raised a ‘Suggestion’ to complain about this on Oculus’ Feedback website oculus.uservoice.com here...

https://oculus.uservoice.com/forums/921937-oculus-quest/suggestions/38128405-the-insta360-app-should...

It’s in the ‘New’ view/section.

Please register and vote for this post.

I recommend having a trawl through this website which highlights all that’s good and problematic about the Quest.  

Interesting ‘Top Ideas’, worth my vote are...

• Make the sit down guardian system adjustable in size
    • Ability to wirelessly transfer media to the Quest
    • Add cut and paste

Klibo
Honored Guest
So I did this tonight and got the player loading rather than just insta (ha) crashing. First thing is first you don't want the Insta360Moment.apk 20MB you need to be looking for the insta360VR.apk @ 80MB. A friend of mine had a samsung gear so pulled the app for me..... But you can do this (cant link to new) into youtube  "NO GO REQUIRED! Downloading Oculus Go APKs DIRECTLY to your PC (without an Oculus Go)" Sideload the APK and bobs ya uncle. Good luck. happy to help.

dinglydel
Honored Guest
found the go apk. sideloaded into my quest and all works as it should. happy asa pig in doodah now! t

Karmaquest
Honored Guest
Actually I have Insta360VR running on my oculus quest very smootly and it's awesome!
It connects via wify to insta360 one x to play recorded videos directly and even downloads them locally on the Quest.

You have just to enable developer mode and sideload insta360VR.apk.
Just search for "NO GO REQUIRED! Downloading Oculus Go APKs DIRECTLY to your PC (without an Oculus Go)" on youtube. Watch all of the vid (give credit to this guy!) but in the end just look into the comments, order them by date and look for the comment from Bob (around early march 2020) and youl'll find that Open Pc reviews kindly answered him with the direct link to download the apk.
Have fun! One X + Oculus Quest are TOP!

Aknotwot
Honored Guest
@Karmaquest I can't find the comment you are referring to from Bob. There is one from Bob McDonald but it does not refer to the downloadable file (neither do the replies).

carlostotodiazv
Honored Guest

dinglydel said:

found the go apk. sideloaded into my quest and all works as it should. happy asa pig in doodah now! 

Could you share the insta360 apk?

carlostotodiazv
Honored Guest

Aknotwot said:

@Karmaquest I can't find the comment you are referring to from Bob. There is one from Bob McDonald but it does not refer to the downloadable file (neither do the replies).

Did you find the apk?

Krustacio said:

Hi, I just bought an oculus quest and I want to connect it to my camera Insta360 EVO, but the app (Insta360 VR) appear only for Go. Should we wait for the update or is there some way to install Go apps in Quest? Thanks

I just dowloaded and installed the .apk file without problems, using SideQuest. It's so easy anybody can do it. I have checked that the app runs - you will find it under the unofficial category. This process also makes a folder on the Quest where you can put your shots, also using SideQuest. The .apk is available from a Google Drive, but I can't post the link here because I am too new on this forum.

york_tolefree
Honored Guest
I don't know what happened..??
I had the .apk, then I didn't..
I tried to find it again with no luck..wait, I did find it but, after downloading and attempting to sideload I saw a "checking blacklist something or other..now I"m sitting on fotage with no viewer...anyone? 

BurritoMachine
Honored Guest

Krustacio said:

I just dowloaded and installed the .apk file without problems, using SideQuest. It's so easy anybody can do it. I have checked that the app runs - you will find it under the unofficial category. This process also makes a folder on the Quest where you can put your shots, also using SideQuest. The .apk is available from a Google Drive, but I can't post the link here because I am too new on this forum.

I just managed to install it, but how do I interact with the app??!  Every button I have doesn't seem to work.  I can only hover the dot in the center of my screen over the buttons.

update: nvm i restarted the app and it works now... 😞